• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Basketball Transfers (In & Out): Jalen Johnson (UT) IN !!!!!!!!!

No doubt, Neath is a stud. I really enjoyed watching him play this past season.

From what Mucius said on a live video, it sounds like he’s confident Massoud is returning. Also seemed like Jahcobi will return too. Didn’t say much on Sarr, but at this point, everyone would be surprised if he returned. Didn’t catch everything, but I think he said he expects Shay to get the HC job at ETSU and said Chill will get the other assistant spot at Wake. I’m not 100% on the last part, but that’s what it sounded like he said.

From what Mucius said on a live video, it sounds like he’s confident Massoud is returning. Also seemed like Jahcobi will return too. Didn’t say much on Sarr, but at this point, everyone would be surprised if he returned. Didn’t catch everything, but I think he said he expects Shay to get the HC job at ETSU and said Chill will get the other assistant spot at Wake. I’m not 100% on the last part, but that’s what it sounded like he said.

If Shay gets the job at ETSU, it makes sense for Forbes just to keep Childress on staff. Whether people like it or not, Childress really was the big recruiter for Wake during the Manning era, not Danny himself. I think if Childress were to overstep Forbes like he did with Manning (allegedly), there would be a different outcome. I don’t think Forbes would put up with that. But I also believe Forbes will let his assistants work. I think it was clear Manning and Childress had some disconnect. I also thought Chil was a whole lot more fiery during the [Redacted] years. It will be nice to have Lil Chil gone for the sake of not having to hear of the best father son duo every single game.

I know some people aren’t on board with Childress, but we should trust Forbes completely. If he adds him on as an assistant, we should support the move.

If Shay gets the job at ETSU, it makes sense for Forbes just to keep Childress on staff. Whether people like it or not, Childress really was the big recruiter for Wake during the Manning era, not Danny himself. I think if Childress were to overstep Forbes like he did with Manning (allegedly), there would be a different outcome. I don’t think Forbes would put up with that. But I also believe Forbes will let his assistants work. I think it was clear Manning and Childress had some disconnect. I also thought Chil was a whole lot more fiery during the [Redacted] years. It will be nice to have Lil Chil gone for the sake of not having to hear of the best father son duo every single game.

I know some people aren’t on board with Childress, but we should trust Forbes completely. If he adds him on as an assistant, we should support the move.

I agree with all of that. Whatever Forbes chooses is most likely what is best for the program. If he stays around, wonderful. If he isn’t kept, that’s fine with me too. Forbes isn’t going to keep Chil around if he doesn’t think he brings something to the table. In Forbes we trust!

I find it hard to believe that Chill will stay on with a demotion. And I find it hard to believe that Forbes would make Chill 2nd in command rather than promoting one of his guys.

One issue in regards to replacing Shay with Childress is that Shay was the big man coach while Childress is a guard coach, so one of the other assistants would need to be able to take over the big men responsibilities to make it work.

There was no big recruiter during Manning’s tenure. We had shitty recruiting. Then we had shitty players. Then we had shitty, losing teams. Goodness, there is no reason to want to keep any of the dross of the last six and ten years around.

People seem to want to think Manning’s teams were right on the cusp of something great or good. That must be why there are a bunch of people saying if we keep Sarr + Brown + Neath etc then we will be good next year...

We will not be good next year with these players. They are a bunch of ~300 ranked recruits. They will never win in the ACC. Geez. Clear the dross out now so we can win with Forbes’ players later. There is no need to hope we keep any of them.

People seem to want to think Manning’s teams were right on the cusp of something great or good. That must be why there are a bunch of people saying if we keep Sarr + Brown + Neath etc then we will be good next year...

We will not be good next year with these players. They are a bunch of ~300 ranked recruits. They will never win in the ACC. Geez. Clear the dross out now so we can win with Forbes’ players later. There is no need to hope we keep any of them.

Chaundee Brown was the ESPN #33 recruit, not a ~300 ranked recruit.

Brown was a top 40 recruit. Sarr has turned in to a 1st Team All ACC caliber player. Neath has been contacted by top programs in the country since he has entered the portal. These are damn good players. They just need to have the right guy leading them, they now have that.

That being said, Sarr and Brown most likely won’t be returning. Neath looks very optimistic on returning and he will turn in to a very good ACC player. Don’t understand your dissent for the better players from last year.

Muscius, Massoud and Neath were pretty damn good recruits. And bullshit that we need to start next season with nobody and have to recruit 10 players in the next class. Are you insane?

If that possible new transfer rule is only enabled for next year; CB and Sarr leave, they have to sit or go pro. Right? Big reason to stay put.

I doubt Sarr leaves if he has to sit out. It would be a terrible idea for him to go back to Europe if he wants to play in the NBA.

Sarr looked like Tim Duncan 2.0 at times this year. Problem was that DM wouldn’t get him the damn ball. Same crap that JC had to deal with. Sarr would score 18 in the first half and never touch it for the first 14 mins of the second half. Carl Tacy or any good X/O coach (Forbes) would have bounced the ball to the post every possession and go from there.

One issue in regards to replacing Shay with Childress is that Shay was the big man coach while Childress is a guard coach, so one of the other assistants would need to be able to take over the big men responsibilities to make it work.

We need a big man coach?

Sarr looked like Tim Duncan 2.0 at times this year. Problem was that DM wouldn’t get him the damn ball. Same crap that JC had to deal with. Sarr would score 18 in the first half and never touch it for the first 14 mins of the second half. Carl Tacy or any good X/O coach (Forbes) would have bounced the ball to the post every possession and go from there.

Pretty sure Forbes' pitch to Sarr is a specific plan to get him the ball.

I would be interested to see what Sharone Wright would become with Forbes. Guess we won’t find out.

Back