• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF @ Clemson Game Thread

I'm just frustrated with the past three games. We should've beat UNC, let alone get pounded by them. We were in a position to win this game and the ND game.

I realize how it's signaling improvement, but just like the conversations about Bzz, I think there's a certain expectation when a team performs over expectations. Is this sentiment not shared?

But we can have a conversation, Deacfreak.

:)

Yes, unless you are just comparing Jim Grobe to [Redacted]. Grobe is not meeting the expectations that he brought to Wake Forest Football, and Bzz is not meeting the expectations that a cup of pudding should have for coaching Wake Forest Basketball.

I feel your frustration, I really do. I just come at it from the perspective of watching games last year and expecting us to never be good again. We are heading in the right direction again, and with a steeper trajectory than our first ACC CG run.

Because it's a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Really interesting contrast between this game and the WVU/Cincinnati game, which was taking place at the same time. I'm a big fan of both teams, really wanted both to win, but only one team played like they thought they could win. I'm sure there were WVU fans that got a bad feeling at different times when UC clinged to the lead or when WVU couldn't score with the lead to put it away, but this was like a solid 2/3 of this thread when the game was still tied.

I really hope none of the Wake players read this thread. I'm sure it would make them feel great to see that hardly any of their so-called best fans believed in them. To the contrary.

It's these sorry ass coaches we have, NOT the players. I feel their pain.

So perhaps I'm right then that there is a mass disorder of some sort.

Whatever it is, y'all need to get over it or it's going to keep happening.

Signed,

Alum of a 5-time national champion.

Funny how a "fan" started referring to wake as "you" instead of "us" after that game. You're a trolling idiot.

Signed an alum from a top 25 university.

We won't beat Vandy, might be Maryland, 6-6 does not deserve a bowl, and this coaching staff does not deserve a bowl. Really feel for these players having to labor under such horrid coaching as this.
This is just dumb. "Horrid coaching"? Are you serious?

This is just dumb. "Horrid coaching"? Are you serious?

Look at the results, three straight losses, all winnable games, all choke jobs. Lobo sucks for now and forever and Grobe sucks for keeping a loser like that on the staff.

Because it's a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Really interesting contrast between this game and the WVU/Cincinnati game, which was taking place at the same time. I'm a big fan of both teams, really wanted both to win, but only one team played like they thought they could win. I'm sure there were WVU fans that got a bad feeling at different times when UC clinged to the lead or when WVU couldn't score with the lead to put it away, but this was like a solid 2/3 of this thread when the game was still tied.

I really hope none of the Wake players read this thread. I'm sure it would make them feel great to see that hardly any of their so-called best fans believed in them. To the contrary.

So you really are an idiot. You're misconstruing the negativity as poor fan-ship. It couldn't be different - most of us demand more, better from the team. Therefore it's disappointing to see us fall short time after time after time. Not sure how us knowing what's going to happen, and it actually happening, is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Are we playing in the game or coaching on the sidelines?

Are you happy with the end result today?

No, but that's immaterial. I don't think the players ever quit and I never quit believing they could win it.

Yet, somehow, they still lost the game.

It is almost like us fans posting on the internet during the game and yelling at our televisions had no impact on the final result. Weird!

Funny how a "fan" started referring to wake as "you" instead of "us" after that game. You're a trolling idiot.

Signed an alum from a top 25 university.

I only refer to one school as "we" and it is the one that conferred my degree.

I never played for, attended or donated money to Wake or West Virginia or any other school but one. I have no place calling them "we". I have no problem if someone here does, and have never expressed any problem with it as far as I can remember.

And if all that's not enough, when I was a writer I never ever wanted to be regarded as a homer. So even if I was on a beat the whole year covering one team, I wasn't calling them "we", even to team employees. So I really just wouldn't even think of it as something to do now.

It's not that.

It's assuming their ultimate failure upon the happening of a smaller setback.

Yet, what happened...and has happened for years under Grobe/Lobo?

Small setbacks RUIN the confidences of these teams and they ultimately shit the bed. Attributed to the mindset of the coaches.

I only refer to one school as "we" and it is the one that conferred my degree.

I never played for, attended or donated money to Wake or West Virginia or any other school but one. I have no place calling them "we". I have no problem if someone here does, and have never expressed any problem with it as far as I can remember.

Why don't you go post on their board and leave us alone?

Ur such a loser. Honestly. It's amazing. Ps do u come to wake games and if so what should i look for?

You should look for other fans like yourself that think they're beaten before they come in the gate.

Back