• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF @ Clemson Game Thread

RJKarl said:
What a fucking pussy move!@!!!

We have guys who can make plays. Grobe should be ashaned of doing this.

Thats why we obviously go away from Camp, Givens, Dembry, and co. close to the redzone after being successful all half.

I was happy with this game until I got on the boards.

Me too. Some really stupid crap being spewed by some on here. I agree we've let some really good opportunities slip by, but get a hold of yourselves. Still one half to be played and we are hanging with the #9 team in the country.

Can't ask too much more out of this defense. Except we need to get those INTs, but our postioning is there.

I love me some Jim Grobe but taking a knee there just irks me.

If you had told me that we would only be down 1 score at the half earlier this week, I would have been ecstatic.

However, after watching the first half, the missed opportunities are killing me. It would be one thing if we were executing poorly and just getting outmanned. But that's not the case. It's play selection.

Me too. Some really stupid crap being spewed by some on here. I agree we've let some really good opportunities slip by, but get a hold of yourselves. Still one half to be played and we are hanging with the #9 team in the country.

except lobo's second halves suck. im worried.

I would kill to hear this halftime talk.

I'm convinced that our coaching staff puts in a VHS copy of Airbud and leaves for a quick beer every week.

And it's not the commercially released Airbud, but a recorded airing from ABC Family. That's missing the last 25% because somebody wanted to tape Over the Top.

If you had told me that we would only be down 1 score at the half earlier this week, I would have been ecstatic.

However, after watching the first half, the missed opportunities are killing me. It would be one thing if we were executing poorly and just getting outmanned. But that's not the case. It's play selection.

This is Jim Grobe's dilemma of raised expectations. We are down 7 at half in Death Valley on November 12 playing for a chance to win the Atlantic Division, and people seem to be as upset as when we were terrible last year.

The coaches have a plan for the entire game and the entire season. Some parts of that plan are flawed. For example, some of the 3rd down plays are really awful, but we are 5-8 on 3rd down conversions.

I think Lobo and Grobe are making the exact same calls that have lost games for us in the past and I just don't think we can make those same mistakes against the strong Clemson offense.

I would kill to hear this halftime talk.

I'm convinced that our coaching staff puts in a VHS copy of Airbud and leaves for a quick beer every week.

And it's not the commercially released Airbud, but a recorded airing from ABC Family. That's missing the last 25% because somebody wanted to tape Over the Top.

That's fantastic. It's also taped on a 30 year old VHS tape which still has some parts of Flight of the Navigator at the end.

can you explain what I must not be seeing there?

It happens on every play. Gets called occasionally. He needed to keep his hands inside the framework of his body and he def would have gotten away with it

I for one am happy with this team right now. If we can come out and get a stop on this first drive, we are in this game for the long haul...how many times have we been able to say that at halftime of a game in DV? Not too may that I can recall!

Back