• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Football Coach - The Worst Job in the Power 5

I remember it well. As a matter of fact, I was watching the game when it happened. Another reason that I remember it was that it was my son's 16th birthday. That makes him 46 years old today. Happy Birthday, Robert!

is his middle name montgomery or knight

All WF fans should frame the 2006-2007-2008 period and hang it on the wall: 28 wins, 3 bowls, including a BCS bowl. You won't see that again in your lifetime...or anything even close to it. If some people can't handle the truth, that's just too bad....but it's not going to change the truth. It is what it is.

Just like the article said, people don't realize how much of a miracle-maker that Jim Grobe was.

Well, I never thought I would see it once in my life- but I did. So why can't it happen again? In many ways it is easier for Wake to make a major bowl and consistently make lower level bowls now that it was before. Expansion makes it easier for Wake to win the ACC in football and the sheer number of bowl games means that Wake just has to have a winning season (or non-losing) to make a bowl. Going back to the 1953 season, there are 9 Wake teams that failed to make a bowl but would have under the current selection process.

LOL. Bob Knight was an unknown 28-year old coach at Army when my son was born. I had never heard of him at the time.

My son was named after Robert Kennedy, for whom I was the co-chair of the "WFU Students for RFK" during my senior year at WF and who was assassinated the previous June 4th....the day after I graduated.

serendipity, i suppose!

(not about rfk)

Wake is one of the best football coaching jobs in the country. Win six games a year and go to a bowl, make millions, and have a fan base in love with you. Dumbest article ever.

Dumbest article ever.
How can that be? From this collection of esteemed journalists, all of whom have undoubtedly been in Pullman, Washington and had to make that journey to Moscow, Idaho for dinner?

Last edited:
And really with the weak acc a 6 win season and a bowl game is really attainable.

Back