• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Grad Emily Griffin In a 'Mommy-Shaming' Spat With Meghan Markle

Nah. That’s something different. Karen berates the 18 year old working the register at Publix. This uppity white lady talked mom shit about a princess.

I’m coming back for this. I read her books years ago and even saw her when she came to Wake but had to abandon quickly because she’s just. so. try hard. on social media.

Her books are beach reads at best.

I saw her speak when I was at Wake. I think she had her second or third book coming out and the first one was being made into a movie. She was addressing the English majors (I think? It was mostly us there I recall) about how to get published. Wasn't very helpful. It was like hey I wrote a book and found an agent and since it was a good book voila, bestseller and I sold the movie rights.

She was primarily a basketball manager. Most
Managers have their primary sport and fill in during the off-season with other sports to make some money.

She was a friend at Wake. Kept in touch primarily over social media save one time a few years ago when she in town for a book event. I'm sure she's hating life now.

Wait. What?

My wife read a Giffin book once and told me she went to Wake. I looked to see if we were there at the same time. We were not. She has popped up in the news a few times since then, so I have remembered her. The news has always been negative from what I recall.

I definitely recognized the name Markle. Googled her. Was like, oh yeah, she married some royal. Already forgotten who. The British royalty stuff never interested me and the names never stick in my head.

Yeah I’m not trying to be a dick but over the last few years Markle has to be one of the most famous names out there.

Yeah I’m not trying to be a dick but over the last few years Markle has to be one of the most famous names out there.

Hard to think someone does not know who she is but then again A LOT of people in the US don't give a rats ass about the Royal family or watch Entertainment Tonight (or whatever those shows are called).

This Emily chick is obsessed with Meghan. Seems like a modern day Single White Female scenario.

Hard to think someone does not know who she is but then again A LOT of people in the US don't give a rats ass about the Royal family or watch Entertainment Tonight (or whatever those shows are called).
I've never got the obsession in this country for Royalty, especially the English one.
It's a shit political system, we actually fought to overthrow it, and they're basically all rich twats who are wealthy off of true Blood Money. (And in the case Great Britain, rich and STILL supported by the public dole)
I blame fucking Disney 100% for starting this stupidity. Entertainment "news" simply perpetrates it further.

There’s a very wide gap between being obsessed with the royal family and knowing who Meghan Markle is. My guess is most people fall towards the latter.

She’s not some rando white Brit who married well. She’s an American actress who diversified the monarchy. It’s an interesting international story on its own.

Last edited:
I can't believe anyone cares about this

You can’t check out of a grocery store without seeing her face plastered all over the magazines at the register.

Back