• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Grad- Nicholas Napolitano dies a hero

President of his DKE pledge class and later the fraternity. Also attended Westminster in Atlanta.

Can't say I knew him as he didn't get to wake until a few years after I graduated, but I do recall meeting him on several occasions during homecoming events. Seemed like a stand up guy; very sad loss.

lived on my freshman hall. was definitely a great guy.

Holy shit :( He was in all of my finance classes. Had a bunch of projects with him.

RIP

My understanding is that there wsa a spot where you could jump in off some rocks about 20' high. Unfortunately, you had to swim back in through 6' to 8' seas and his friend was in danger of being smashed into the rocks.

Great kid. Was a freshman my senior year. Shame he's gone, but dying to save a friend shows what kind of a man he was. He'll be missed.

Damn that sucks. Sounds like he was a great guy with a promising future ahead of him.

Nick, was one of the first people I met when i moved in freshman year. I lived in luter and was introduced to nick through one of my hall mates. Shortly thereafter we went to the pit for our first meal. We never became close friends but I will never forget my first pit meal at wake forest either. It was the awkward first meal of 5 people that have never dined together before and the kind of meal that shows you exactly what you hoped college would be. In that hour, I felt like I had met at least one truly good person (if not more)

I found out that I was in the dorm across from Nick's and one of my friends from HS was on his hall. like TW deac, I attended many accounting and finance classes with him. He accepted me immediately even though i clearly was not destined to be close with him. Whenever I saw Nick, I had the impression that this was a kid who worked his ass off and knew how to enjoy life at the same time. He seemed like he was going places. This sounds like nothing short of a hero and it is a real shame that he lost his life. He was undoubtedly headed for big big things.

To Nick

Last edited:
Holy Shit. I never knew Nick but I grew up with with his friend Greg. We used to go to the beach together. Awful story.

RIP Nick

I went to Westminster and then Wake as well, heard about this and read the articles, very tragic. My family is still in Atlanta and a number of our friends have kids either at or recently out of Westminster and they all had nothing but great things to say about him. Just a very sad event.

Back