• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Lacrosse

If it ever happened, the biggest issue with Wake going D1 would be the competition in the ACC. Cuse, UMD, UVA, UNC, and Duke are 5 of the top 8 or so programs in the country. It may take several years for Wake to finish ahead of anyone in that league.

WFU undeniably fits the profile of a lacrosse school, though.

If it ever happened, the biggest issue with Wake going D1 would be the competition in the ACC. Cuse, UMD, UVA, UNC, and Duke are 5 of the top 8 or so programs in the country. It may take several years for Wake to finish ahead of anyone in that league.

WFU undeniably fits the profile of a lacrosse school, though.

By this you mean, there are a lot of rich white people at WFU.

100% agree. My caveat would be to go for it only if every sport we already have is 100% fully funded and supported from a facilities, recruiting budget, equipment and coaches/support staff standpoint. We nickel and dime so mich shit in our AD that the last thing we need to do is add another tab.

So, yeah, it's never going to happen. And if it did, I'd rather us add a handful of other sports before deciding to bring a gaggle of lax bros in.

No lacrosse at Wake. Period. I'll never give another cent to the Deacon Club if it happens.

Won't happen until or unless a donor or group of donors put up 7 figures to fund the program, facilities and coaches.

As stated above, WF has funding issues that need to be addressed for the programs already in existence. No way that WF further dilutes its resources by adding two other programs (mens and womens lax). Agree that its a good fit for WF, and that with the right coach, WF could field a top tier team quickly, but financial concerns are in the way.

I don't understand the appeal of adding a non-revenue sport.

I mean... at UVA LAX games are always packed, but it helps that LAX is huge in Cville.

Wanted to let poepl know that we won 12-9 today against ECU. We dominated the second quarter and outscored them 8-3. We played an atrocious 3rd quarter but we were able to right the ship at the end and come away with the win. We are playing Clemson tomorrow and they are ranked #12 in the country and just smoked FSU 10-3 and FSU is historically the best team in our conference. IT will be a challenging game for us but if we play our game then we have a shot. Hopefully we can have a complete game since so far this season we haven't been able to do that.

Wanted to let poepl know that we won 12-9 today against ECU. We dominated the second quarter and outscored them 8-3. We played an atrocious 3rd quarter but we were able to right the ship at the end and come away with the win. We are playing Clemson tomorrow and they are ranked #12 in the country and just smoked FSU 10-3 and FSU is historically the best team in our conference. IT will be a challenging game for us but if we play our game then we have a shot. Hopefully we can have a complete game since so far this season we haven't been able to do that.

Clemson is #12?

yes they are actually #10 right now according to the laxpower rankings. They beat FSU 10-3 yesterday and FSU is historically the best team in our conference. Unfortunately we lost today 15-6. Clemson is definitely a better team than us and they had 45+ guys on their roster and we had 24 guys.

If you have any questions regarding the team or the ordering of gear please don't hesitate to PM me or you can email me at WFUMenslacrosse@gmail.com
I really appreciate everyone's support regardless of whether you purchase something and I look forward to seeing everyone out at some of our games this spring.

https://www.bsnteamsports.com/index.php
Access Code: demond2QJ

If you have a twitter give us a follow at WFULacrosse

I've gotten a couple questions about ordering Wake gear. We just opened the store again and I posted our new access code (demond2QJ). The store is open till friday if you want anything. If you do order something please send me an email or a PM with your shipping address. We have a new sales rep and I've been told that all products should arrive within 3 or 4 weeks of this Friday. Thanks for the support and hopefully we'll see you out at one of our games this spring.

I wanted to give everyone an update. We had a huge game against NC State today at home. We needed to win this game in order to keep our playoffs hope alive. We ended up winning the game 9-5 and we probably played our best game of lacrosse all year. Our next home game is Sunday April 1 (next Sunday) against the University of Connecticut. If you guys are in town we'd love to see you out. Thanks for your support.

Back