• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF MBB Game 33 - Pitt ACC Quarters - Thursday 2:30 - ESPN2

Refs typically go watch some film of the first half at halftime, or at least talk with each other about how things are going. With how many things went uncalled, I genuinely expect this second half to be a FT shooting contest, which is bad for the team down 12

I don't really see teams look tired on the second day. It's always the second half of the third or fourth game. These guys play full games multiple times per DAY in AAU and showcase events. IF we are already worn out, that is a conditioning problem.
yeah i am not suggesting we SHOULD be, but it looks that way. I do wonder if our thin bench has caught up to us

So instead of blowing a lead at the half we're deciding to see how it feels to come back.

I was busy as hell at work today. I intentionally didnt keep up with the score, not did I listen to the radio broadcast. I get home, crack open a beer, and turn on the game to see the final 3 minutes of the half. What the actual fuck?

Let’s see what kind of character and wanna our kids have. Even if it’s a close/competitive loss, we still have a shot at an at large. If we don’t show fight, it’s NIT

Refs typically go watch some film of the first half at halftime, or at least talk with each other about how things are going. With how many things went uncalled, I genuinely expect this second half to be a FT shooting contest, which is bad for the team down 12
Idk if that happens we can score without the clock moving, get some blow for our guys if we need to shorten bench and we shoot very well from the line.

Seems like Pitt figured out just double team and pressure the ball handler. Since Wake panics in those situations, chances of a turnover greatly outweighs chance of a foul (Especially since refs seem to be swallowing their whistles)

Yep

well if we come out aggressive, Reid would have 2 fouls in 2 minutes so he’s coached to be careful but since Pitt was doing the mugging they only have three team fouls in the half

Idk if that happens we can score without the clock moving, get some blow for our guys if we need to shorten bench and we shoot very well from the line.
Wake getting to the line would be good, yeah.

But Pitt getting to the line a lot is going to mean that this deficit is insurmountable. We need stops

Forbes is sooooo much better than "He who must not be named" and Manning, but this is literally the same shit every year. He has to get the team tougher. We can't out talent everyone, we actually need to play defense and rebound.

So instead of blowing a lead at the half we're deciding to see how it feels to come back.
This is the last hump to get over the nut punch curse and the Filipowski court storm curse. We rise from the dead to complete anti-Wake evolution

Time to step up or I will be watching my third straight NIT selection show. Those aren’t as exciting.

I just feel like we have had so much freaking talent over the last three years, and have done nothing with it.

So many teams have done so much more with less. Wake just always dissapoints. we never outplay anything. Always shit the bed. Not just under forbes but since I can fucking remember.

I am so sad

I can't wait to quote 40 posts from the past few minutes when Wake completes this comeback

Dinger: "They usually respond well to Forbes halftime talks."

🤣🤣🤣

Back