• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF MBB Game 33 - Pitt ACC Quarters - Thursday 2:30 - ESPN2

It would be nice if we could turn our attention to baseball after shitty football and basketball but the early returns say baseball sucks too except Burns. Maybe they get things going this weekend in Virginia

I mean, he either quit or got kicked off and considering he was allowed to attend senior day before leaving certainly supports the idea of him quitting.
I guess it doesn’t matter but I still have no clue what happened there.

It’s an incredible and weird fantasy that Wake would turn down the NIT.

Only way it would happen is if too many players were leaving the team and unwilling to play

Only way it would happen is if too many players were leaving the team and unwilling to play
Actually I could see that start happening, like football opting out of bowl games. NIT starting lineups of walk-ons...o_O

it's the OWG sentiment of "this team doesn't deserve it"

and if you're not an OWG but still feel this way, well, you're acting like one

Or that coupled with Forbes better suited to be at home. But even then, we’d be a 1 seed with 3 home games, so Forbes wouldn’t have to travel unless we made the semis. So you’d think we would play.

We’re Wake Forest, we haven’t been ranked all season, we spent like one week in most brackets then promptly shit the bed after we finally made it, we choked at the exact moment we knew we had a game we had to win. We also have zero recent tournament success to fall back if someone’s looking to give us the benefit of the doubt. This team isn’t a tournament team. It’s clear. If they were even talking about the possibility of refusing the NIT prior to this game, that’s a big problem.

We should definitely take an NIT invite, if for nothing else to get a bit more playing time for Clark, Canka, MMM, etc.

Is there any dimension in this multiverse where Sallis comes back?
It'll depend on how the pre-draft process works out. I'm sure he'll declare and see what feedback he gets. I think there's a chance he stays if it's clear that he's going to be a 2nd round pick, but it'll take a lot of NIL $

Will make the transfer portal interesting if it goes into May... similar to what happened with Bobi last year. Will need to hold that scholarship as long as we can

Forbes: “We’ve got more to play for. It will start with an N…. NCAA or NIT.”

Ends that discussion.

Back