• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF @ Pitt - Fun Facts

Pilchard

Reaction score
Deacs play Pitt tonight. Here are some details:

- Pitt is on a 3 game losing streak, and has lost 6 of 9. That includes an ugly 17 point home loss to State.
- Pitt plays at a slow tempo (281 out of 345), and they are great at forcing a slow tempo on defense (320 out of 345; 345 being the slowest tempo on defense)
- Pitt doesn't force many turnovers on D (#242; #275 in steal %), but WF turns it over a lot; so, what happens when the movable object hits the resistable force?
- Pitt plays a lot of players as 11 players on their roster have played in 22 of their 24 games; they are top 30 in the nation in bench minutes.
- Pitt is big as none of their top 11 is shorter than 6-3, and they are #14 in the NCAA in average height.

Like Vegas, Ken Pom has the line pegged at 11 (82-71).

Huge game for the Panthers, they are 6-6 in the conference, as their next 3 are at Cuse, Duke and L'ville. Any chance at an NCAA bid likely depends on a Pitt win.

Not hard to guess the script. WF hangs in for the first half (maybe even gets out to a decent lead). Pitt slowly pulls away in the 2nd half for an 8 to 12 point win.

WF has a huge game on deck with BC at home. :p

Last edited:
Yep..We gotta hope our guys stay focused and don't look ahead to our super bowl showdown.

Deacs play Pitt tonight. Here are some details:

- Pitt is on a 3 game losing streak, and has lost 6 of 9. That includes an ugly 17 point home loss to State.
- Pitt plays at a slow tempo (281 out of 345), and they are great at forcing a slow tempo on defense (320 out of 345; 345 being the slowest tempo on defense)
- Pitt doesn't force many turnovers on D (#242; #275 in steal %), but WF turns it over a lot; so, what happens when the movable object hits the resistable force?
- Pitt plays a lot of players as 11 players on their roster have played in 22 of their 24 games; they are top 30 in the nation in bench minutes.
- Pitt is big as none of their top 11 is shorter than 6-3, and they are #14 in the NCAA in average height.

Like Vegas, Ken Pom has the line pegged at 11 (82-71).

Huge game for the Panthers, they are 6-6 in the conference, as their next 3 are at Cuse, Duke and L'ville. Any chance at an NCAA bid likely depends on a Pitt win.

Not hard to guess the script. WF hangs in for the first half (maybe even gets out to a decent lead). Pitt slowly pulls away in the 2nd half for an 8 to 12 point win.

WF has a huge game on deck with BC at home. :p

So maybe we can hold them under half a hundred each half?

Road game = 12 point deficit before the 8 minute mark in the first half, never to be relinquished.

I realize this isn't helpful, but I think we either win this one or lose badly (15+). I don't expect to see another game like @GT or @NCSU where we keep it close for ~35 minutes and then fall apart.

We'll either close the deal or just look absolutely dreadful (like the Syracuse loss).

I'm sticking to my guns....Wake wins this one.

Wake-76
Pitt-74

They miss a half court shot at buzzer....luck returns to our side!

We lose. Either we play close and then fall apart at the end, or we get blown out.

After two good road efforts, I think this is the latter.

I'm sticking to my guns....Wake wins this one.

Wake-76
Pitt-74

They miss a half court shot at buzzer....luck returns to our side!

I mean eventually we've got to win again, so eventually you'll be right.

Tuesday road game..... not looking good. :(

Super Bowl Saturday coming up!

Here is what is going to happen. We will play close for one half and get thoroughly outplayed in another. There is a 40% chance the bad half is the first half and a 60% chance it is the second half. #ELChottakes

Also likely that Pitt will drop 50+ points on us in the 2nd half as well. :(
#wakeroadwarriors

My fear is that Pitt goes up big early and our guys quit, expecting the inevitable thrashing. Pitt by 25+

We are horrible at playing with a lead late, and horrible playing from behind late.

When we're ahead with 5 minutes left, we stiffen up, commit turnovers, and can't hit free throws. When we're behind with 5 minutes left, we can't buckle down on defense, and our offense starts taking absurd 3 pointers.

We'd have to be up by 20 with 2 minutes to play for me to be comfortable.

We match up well against Pitt. I am fully expecting Danny to get his first road victory, and start righting the ship tonight.

I am fully expecting Danny to get his first road victory, and start righting the ship tonight.
titanic-propeller-guy-o.gif

Who gets more minutes tonight: MCClinton or Cigs? That is the question

Back