• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Tennis (WS Open Starts Saturday)

and no "lets" on serve. have to play it off the net

I played in a winter league that used those rules. It did make the matches go faster but it was weird.

Another rule (assuming its WTA rules) is that if the ball hits the net on a doubles serve and lands in, then the partner can return it.

Nice. Can we take down goliath. Have done what we needed to get a more favorable NCAA seed.

It's always a little tough to predict the final rankings because they are run twice but Wake should be pretty solid in the 11-13 national seed range for NCAAs. If they beat UVA they might jump into the top 10, but right now the gap between 10 and 11 is pretty big

I believe 13 or somewhere abouts is the highest the Deacs have ever been seeded

Defintiely host 1st two rounds. And have a decent chance at a winnable match in the round of 16.

Will be a tough one tomorrow. Wake could win doubles and has an ok shot at #1 and #2 singles. Finding a fourth point will be tough, best shot might be at #5.

Definitely a better chance than when Wake played UVA in the final two years ago, but the Hoos are still heavy favorites.

Will be a tough one tomorrow. Wake could win doubles and has an ok shot at #1 and #2 singles. Finding a fourth point will be tough, best shot might be at #5.

Definitely a better chance than when Wake played UVA in the final two years ago, but the Hoos are still heavy favorites.

I would agree that our best shots at 4 points are dubs, 1, 2, and 5, but it will be tough for sure. I think we would benefit if this match stays outdoors which, unfortunately isn't likely in my opinion. I know Noah can win at 1. Romo can also definitely win, but Mitchell Frank is rock solid. That's one court where indoors may help us. Skander vs. Altamirano and Ho vs, TSK might be interesting but we'll be big underdogs for sure. Seraphim beat Ritschard already once this year in straights indoors so that's certainly one of our better shots, and at 6 unfortunately, I think either Keivon or Max will struggle against Aragone. I hope a bunch of Wake fans will make the drive east and really get loud. UVA will have a lot of loud fans and players there. Go Deacs!

I think indoors favors seraphim and mansouri, in dubs and singles. I actually think Rubin and Bogaerts are both better outdoors.

The match against UVA is Sunday at 10 am in Cary, for those planning to go. It will also be on Espn3.

I think Ho and Seraphim can win singles. Only match we are basically toast in is #6

I'm excited! This match could be the turning point for ACC Men's tennis with us taking over for UVA as the dominant school

As a complete non-tennis guy... Why would indoors/outdoors favor one team or player over another?

The main difference is the surface. Indoor courts are faster, which favors big servers. The lack of wind also favors big servers.

Just called Cary Tennis Park and she said the men's final is delayed until Noon. I've not seen that written anywhere official but that's the word from Cary. I'm glad that they are going to work hard to get this match in outdoors.

UPDATE: Wake's twitter account has now confirmed the Noon start. Go Deacs!

Last edited:
Back