• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Tennis (WS Open Starts Saturday)

Not a bad draw. 12 seed overall. We host GW and Florida/Pepperdine. Sweet 16 matchup would be 5 seed TCU who we beat 4-3 without Rubin. Elite 8 would be UNC or Illinois. We can make a run for sure.

Not a bad draw. 12 seed overall. We host GW and Florida/Pepperdine. Sweet 16 matchup would be 5 seed TCU who we beat 4-3 without Rubin. Elite 8 would be UNC or Illinois. We can make a run for sure.

I logged on to make this post but you basically summed it all up.

GW lost 6-1 to Miami who we beat 7-0 so that should sum that matchup up.

Florida and Pepperdine have usually strong programs but are both experiencing a down year. TCU will be tough but to beat them without Rubin is huge. Expect Illinois to beat UNC, they will be our biggest test for sure.

If somehow we win our region we would get #1 Oklahoma in the semis who we lost 5-2 to in a tough match (doubles point lost in a TB and Boegarts lost in 3).

The sky is the limit!

I think the height and serves of Seraphim and Mansouri have a lot more to do with their doubles success than that they care about it more than Bogaerts and Rubin.

I logged on to make this post but you basically summed it all up.

GW lost 6-1 to Miami who we beat 7-0 so that should sum that matchup up.

Florida and Pepperdine have usually strong programs but are both experiencing a down year. TCU will be tough but to beat them without Rubin is huge. Expect Illinois to beat UNC, they will be our biggest test for sure.

If somehow we win our region we would get #1 Oklahoma in the semis who we lost 5-2 to in a tough match (doubles point lost in a TB and Boegarts lost in 3).

The sky is the limit!

Very decent draw for the Deacs, but Florida is one of the tougher second round matches we could have faced. They have some very good wins this year. It's nice to have a potential R16 matchup with a team you've beaten already, but TCU is also playing lights out right now. They will be tougher than they were on our home courts.

Explain how Duke gets a 10 SEED, Wake 12, and UNC 13?

Duke loses twice to UNC, GT, VA TECH, Loses in quarters of ACC, Wake finals, beat UNC. Athough Duke beat Wake twice makes no sense.....

Duke loses twice to UNC, GT, VA TECH, Loses in quarters of ACC, Wake finals, beat UNC. Athough Duke beat Wake twice makes no sense.....

The rankings are determined by a formula, which is based on wins, losses, and the location (home v away) at which they occurred.

We've spent the majority of the season ranked 12th. And despite making the ACC final we didn't beat any highly ranked teams along the way due to upsets. So we didn't pick up a whole lot of points to move up in the rankings. 12th is about right, although I think we are certainly better than that when at full strength.

The singles and doubles selections were just announced for the NCAA tourney. Rubin will be the 7 seed and Bogaerts in the 9-16 seed range. Seraphim and Mansouri were selected for doubles but are not seeded.

Due to the formula, Duke beating Wake twice is a huge reason as to why they are ahead of us.

The singles and doubles selections were just announced for the NCAA tourney. Rubin will be the 7 seed and Bogaerts in the 9-16 seed range. Seraphim and Mansouri were selected for doubles but are not seeded.

Didn't see it mentioned, but because Rubin and Bogaerts were seeded for the individuals then they both automatically earned All-American honors. Great job guys.

I'm interested in going for R2 assuming we make it. Are tix required ahead of time or do I just show up?

Didn't see it mentioned, but because Rubin and Bogaerts were seeded for the individuals then they both automatically earned All-American honors. Great job guys.

Wake hasn't had a singles All-American in quite a few years. Maybe Cory Parr in the late 2000s?

I think Forman was only a doubles All-American, not singles

Back