• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Women's Golf - NCAA Finals

Dekin

Reaction score
Wake is current in 9th place (+9) and Marissa Dodd is tied for first place at -2.
Being played in Bradenton, FL

Good start............Go Deacs!

Wake's #1 player, Allison Emery, started with a quad. Ouch..

We never seem to be a good day one team, so if we can remain in the mix I like our chances at a good tourney. This 1st group are the 12 top seeded teams in the field, so I decent day here is a good sign.

A quad and a triple but Emrey is hanging in there at +6 through 13.

Next to last place after day 1...Awesome

On a somewhat related front, the Lady Camels from Campbell are tied for second early in their round.

Next to last place after day 1...Awesome

On a somewhat related front, the Lady Camels from Campbell are tied for second early in their round.

My next door neighbor coaches the Campbell golf teams and has a great track record there. 120 collegiate titles as a coach, Winston-Salem native, won the 1967 US junior Open, member of National Golf Coaches Hall of Fame. So not surprising that Campbell is doing well.

Wake moved up a lot because other teams hadn't finished yet and the course is hard as hell. We're in pretty good position right now. Need to linger around the top 10 after today.

Wake has moved up to 7th place from 23rd, but they're just getting started.

Yeah the best thing a team could do on this course is just not play. This place seems comically hard - five individuals under par. Someone for California is +37 through 33 holes total.

My next door neighbor coaches the Campbell golf teams and has a great track record there. 120 collegiate titles as a coach, Winston-Salem native, won the 1967 US junior Open, member of National Golf Coaches Hall of Fame. So not surprising that Campbell is doing well.

John Crooks? Grew up with his son Bo. I spent my formative years at Keith Hills.

Update ......
Wake finished yesterday tied for 17th at +54 after 2 rounds. Leader is Southern Cal at +24.
Marissa Dodd is +5 and and tied for 9th. Leader is from Alabama at -1.
Wake tees off today at 2:00.
I'd like to think that if Dodd can keep playing well and Emery starts playing like she's capable of, we could move up significantly today.
The course is obviously a killer.

We have to finish in the top 15 to play in the final round.

We finished 1 shot out of the top 15. v- 22890 is correct, my post was end of 2 rounds, my bad.

Last edited:
Wake is currently three shots clear but have only played a handful of holes today. It's going to be very close I think.

Playing well today so far. +1 as a team closing in on the turn. 8 clear of the cut line right now.

Back