• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Charlotte Center

JonasDeac

Reaction score
Noticed them ripping down the ITC sign yesterday and this morning the trucks were back putting this up. The white squares in the windows will be the academic WF logo, they're slowly cutting it out pane by pane.
IMAG0363.jpg

very cool, though ImTheCaptain will be pissed. :)

yes, it's uptown. Block away from Time Warner Arena. It's where the Charlotte MBA program will be Nonny.

Kinda sad that Dr. Hinson left the MSA program, but I think she will do a good job with this.

i've done a really terrible job of staying up to date with all the changes. what is the deal here? hinson is moving to charlotte and doing the mba program instead of msa?

If the window of my office opened I could spit on the guy painting the logo right now.

i've done a really terrible job of staying up to date with all the changes. what is the deal here? hinson is moving to charlotte and doing the mba program instead of msa?

Yes, she will be in charge of all the programs in Charlotte. This includes the part time MBA program as well as executive education programs ($$$$) they are trying to get started.

I think it makes a lot of sense to get some of the best people from the undergraduate school running the graduate school (which is in pretty rough shape, academically and financially*).

*The part time program actually makes a lot of money, but the full time program loses almost as much.

Hopefully this lasts longer than most of the other tenants in that space have.

I think it makes a lot of sense to get some of the best people from the undergraduate school running the graduate school (which is in pretty rough shape, academically and financially*).
From 1975 to 2005, the cost of attending public universities in the U.S. tripled. Benjamin Ginsberg argues that much of the increased cost can be attributed to administrative bloat.

Since the 1970s, Ginsberg notes, the number of administrative staffers has risen by 235 percent, while the number of faculty and students has increased by only about 50 percent.

Some administrators do so little that they “could be kidnapped by space aliens and it would be weeks or even months before his or her absence from campus was noticed,” Ginsberg writes.

He also says the increase in administrators is taking universities away from their fundamental academic purpose, and doing students a disservice.
http://hereandnow.wbur.org/2011/11/02/university-cost-bloated

Back