• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hall of Fame Induction - Fri Night

Reaction score
What an incredible evening tonight was!

Congrats to all of the former WFU student athletes who now join their fellow Hall of Fame members.

Randolph Childress really took the room over during his speech. Issued a challenge to all former and current Demon Deacons -- "everyone who has ever put on that jersey" -- so awesome.

It was nice to see Charlie Davis, Len Chappell, Skip Brown, Chris Paul, Tim Duncan, and many others come together at one event.

Congrats to all of the former WFU student athletes who now join their fellow Hall of Fame members.

Randolph Childress really took the room over during his speech. Issued a challenge to all former and current Demon Deacons -- "everyone who has ever put on that jersey" -- so awesome.

It was nice to see Charlie Davis, Len Chappell, Skip Brown, Chris Paul, Tim Duncan, and many others come together at one event.

Are those guys playing in the alumni game tomorrow?

/reschedules post game itinerary

Pics?

How did Duncan get in our HOF before Chill? I guess he was in Europe every time they tried to induct him?

Just read the whole post. I assume CP isn't there yet. Is Duncan?

Tremendous!!! I would've flown there from my home in Texas to see that had I known all those guys would be there for this event. I hope there are pics and some articles.

Any idea why it took Childress 16 years and Kraus 11 years to get in? That surprised me when I saw it. I don't know our criteria for induction eligibility, though.

DeacAlum2001 said:
Any idea why it took Childress 16 years and Kraus 11 years to get in? That surprised me when I saw it. I don't know our criteria for induction eligibility, though.

Technically Tim, Odom and Childress were going in together a year or two ago, but Chill made the playlets in Europe.

It was just timing/availability

They were all going in, of course, but they couldn't come back for it -- which you have to do.

Also meant to add:

Childress has a Jimmy from Hoosiers moment on the podium -- and completely vouched for Bzz ... said he believes in what he's doing and the players need to get behind him.

Really pleased that Dave Odom has settled in to iconic/elder statesman role at WFU. Things ended awkwardly for him at Wake, but it was time for a change for Wake and probably Odom as well. His leaving for South Carolina did nothing to lessen what he accomplished at Wake, and I think it's great that he's so closely associated with the University again. In fact, it seems like from the moment he retired at USC he gravitated back to W-S almost immeidately.

herestowakeforst said:
Also meant to add:

Childress has a Jimmy from Hoosiers moment on the podium -- and completely vouched for Bzz ... said he believes in what he's doing and the players need to get behind him.

Anyone get video of his speech?

you were impressed with his speech? My Time, My Time, My Time, My Time....the barry sanders story while his wife was in the hospital?

i didn't say I was impressed -- but I do stand by the statement that he took the room over.

i don't think anyone would say that Childress is the 100% model citizen, including himself.

i love him for who he hates though, namely duke and unc. :)

Back