• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '21-'22 Roster Construction Thread: +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

Why does God really hate us sooo much

Do we know if the player leaving bc we already have someone lined up who would fill more minutes at their spot, or is it just a case of the player wanting to play elsewhere?

Ody is transferring. Cool.

One could jump to the conclusion that the signing of Walton led to Ody leaving. Ody may have looked into a crystal ball and saw his role diminishing. Really sucks to lose the leading rebounder from a not so good rebounding team.

One could jump to the conclusion that the signing of Walton led to Ody leaving. Ody may have looked into a crystal ball and saw his role diminishing. Really sucks to lose the leading rebounder from a not so good rebounding team.

Walton is a one year guy though right? I really don’t get this at all. He’s the one guy who was locked into a starting spot with as many minutes as he wants. The competition is a guy who was sidelined for months with covid and a 6th year transfer with a spotty injury history.

Ody was going to play at least as many minutes as he played last year. This is really disappointing. I can only hope this means Forbes has another big about to commit.

This makes it more likely we'll see LaRavia play big minutes at C with Mucius playing PF.

Walton is a one year guy though right? I really don’t get this at all. He’s the one guy who was locked into a starting spot with as many minutes as he wants. The competition is a guy who was sidelined for months with covid and a 6th year transfer with a spotty injury history.

I think Ody is a better player and based on what you outline here, I am not expecting much from Walton other than chucking some 3’s, being slow and out of position on defense, and some random blocks that get us excited for 2 seconds. Hope he proves me wrong.

If Ody is really transferring to Maryland then this probably didn't factor into it much.

Walton is expected to be a one year guy. However, he missed two years with different knee injuries; Walton has played only 3 seasons of college basketball, and 2021 does count because of COVID; so, WF/Walton could apply for a medical hardship waiver. That said, Walton graduated from HS in 2016; so, would expect Walton will be ready to move on from college basketball after the 2021-22 season.

Have no idea what the trigger was for Ody, but seems like something non-basketball related could be the trigger. WF hasn't played a hoop game in almost two months. 5 other players already entered the portal and picked their schools. The players that remained had been busting it on the strength and conditioning front. This is not the time for a player to transfer because of playing time concerns (which their should be none) or not seeing eye to eye with Forbes. Guys with those issues moved on weeks ago.

If Ody is really transferring to Maryland then this probably didn't factor into it much.

Manning: “I can turn you into the next John Collins.”

Of course, thank god he is gone parking in handicap spots Manning left Collins on the bench most of his FR year so Dinos could play along side Devin T., but who’s keeping track.

Is that the rumor? I thought the manning landing spot reference was a joke.

Speculation. That said, Manning recruited and coached Ody; so, there is no doubt that the two will communicate (or already have communicated) to discuss Ody's options.

Was this serious or nah?

giphy.gif

damn, now he'll never be a shorter version of Antwan Scott

Back