• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '21-'22 Roster Construction Thread: +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

https://theathletic.com/2617656/2021/06/01/my-first-year-steve-forbes-of-wake-forest-on-building-a-future-and-not-compromising-on-playing-hard/

The Athletic interview with Steve Forbes as part of its "My First Year" series. I liked his comments on Tariq...

He’s probably farther ahead than I thought. He went three months, he couldn’t do anything. He came back in March and, man, he’s been really good. He didn’t go home, he’s been here the whole time, he’s really changed his habits as far as his workouts and his diet. You can tell. He’s doing a really, really good job and he can really score the ball. Some guys have that knack. He’s got a really good touch around the basket.

I’m very satisfied with retiring the Randolph experiment to allow Forbes the full staff he wants. Hell it’s the first time in well over a decade the head basketball coach at Wake Forest is actually in full control of his staff. That’s pretty wild if you think about it.

I’m very satisfied with retiring the Randolph experiment to allow Forbes the full staff he wants. Hell it’s the first time in well over a decade the head basketball coach at Wake Forest is actually in full control of his staff. That’s pretty wild if you think about it.

:werd:

Exactly,

great momentum with Wake bball continues with the Shay hiring

Second

Meh. Kid may just be starting to see people around him pushing him to do what they want.

Yeah. He’s a grad transfer. He should do exactly what he wants to do with no pressure.

https://imgur.com/a/ttJaZcD

Not a great sign or message from Sy.

Meh. Kid may just be starting to see people around him pushing him to do what they want.

Yeah. He’s a grad transfer. He should do exactly what he wants to do with no pressure.

I am with the optimists here. That may be a subtle way of telling people he will make his own decision. He isn't an 18 YO coming out of HS.

However, I can believe he is getting a lot of pressure from various sides to go one place or another.

It looks good for us because I doubt there’s some massive pressure to come to Wake.

Back