• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '21-'22 Roster Construction Thread: +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

And just like that, our roster for '21-22 is basically complete.

No expectations of additional transfers in or out... The final scholarship likely to be saved for a potential reclassification or mid-season pickup.

Roster looks pretty good. I don't see any glaring holes.

Creamy... Minutes?

alright lets go! We suddenly have become one of the more experienced teams in the ACC- 5 seniors should be in our rotation.

Sy missed much of last season, but his 2020 season at Ole Miss was legit. He started 29 of 31 games averaging: 9 points 5.5 boards. Sy was 2nd on Ole Miss in blocks. With Sy, Walton and Ingraham, the Deacs should have a solid big man rotation.

Feels like we should at least be competitive this year... Would be nice to avoid the first day of the ACC Tournament, but I suspect the team will have loftier goals in mind.

Regardless, I think Forbes will put together a very strong '22 class. Add that to the core that should remain at Wake Forest after the upcoming '21-22 season and you should see a good basketball team in Year 3.

And just like that, our roster for '21-22 is basically complete.

No expectations of additional transfers in or out... The final scholarship likely to be saved for a potential reclassification or mid-season pickup.

Roster looks pretty good. I don't see any glaring holes.

Creamy... Minutes?

This is going to be a crapshoot...With a totally new roster, please be patient with my efforts, as I take pride in my projections. I'm labeling the positions, although we'll most likely play positionless basketball.

PG - Whitt: 26 min Williamson: 14 min
SG - Williamson: 13 min Alondes Williams: 12 min Damari Monsanto: 6 min Rob McCray: 4 min Cam Hildreth: 5 min
SF - Isaiah Mucius: 23 min Alondes Williams: 5 min Damari Monsanto: 6 min Lucas Taylor: 3 min Cam Hildreth: 3 min
PF - Jake LaRavia: 27 min Khadim Sy: 5 min Isaiah Mucius: 5 min Tariq: 3
C - Dallas Walton: 16 min Tariq Ingraham: 13 Khadim Sy: 11 min

Total min:
Mucius - 28
Williamson - 27
Whitt - 26
LaRavia - 27
Williams - 17
Sy - 16
Walton - 16
Tariq- 16
Monsanto - 12
Hildreth - 8
McCray - 4
Taylor - 3

shit, I dunno....

Last edited:
Im actually kind of excited about Wake basketball for first time in a while

shortest last name in WF/ACC hoops history?

Hmmmm...we are definitely going to be better than last year. Much better.

I've got these guys as surprises, gonna play a lot more than expected:

McCray
Monsanto
Hildreth

It really is a crapshoot...should be fun...

Minute projections are especially difficult to predict this upcoming season with so many new pieces and a ton of competition. Forbes and his staff have absolutely killed it this offseason with infusing this team with the most talent and balance we have seen since 2016-17.

The true freshman are really going to have to surprise to be real contributors this year, this roster just has so much proven experience. I think it is more likely that one of them breaks out and becomes a contributor instead of all three getting spot minutes. I think one of the 5s will also likely fall out of the rotation as the season progresses, but it is good to have depth now in case of foul trouble and injury. The only 5 that I think has the tools to contribute some at the 4 is Khadim Sy, unless Forbes plans on playing with two 5s in some lineups. I think Whitt, Williamson, and LaRavia end up averaging close to 30 MPG and Ingraham might surprise and end up getting closer to 20 MPG.

As the season goes on, I think the rotation goes down to 9 or 10 but this is my best guess at the season's start.

PG: Whitt 26 Williamson 10 McCray 4
SG: Williamson 16 Williams 20 Hildreth 4
SF: Mucius 18 Monsanto 18 Hildreth 2 Taylor 2
PF: LaRavia 28 Mucius 6 Sy 6
C: Walton 18 Sy 12 Ingraham 10

Totals:
LaRavia 28, Williamson 26, Whitt 26, Mucius 24, Williams 20, Walton 18, Sy 18, Monsanto 18, Ingraham 10, Hildreth 6, McCray 4, Taylor 2

Back