• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction Thread: +Ituka/Carr/Appleby/Bradford

My wife is from outside of Syracuse. I've been to Syracuse. I can think of at least 100 other places I'd rather spend a winter playing basketball than Syracuse, NY.

The obvious curiosity is, what is the NIL situation for Mintz at Syracuse?

I just think it's humorous that you get so worked up about the 8th or 9th man. Cam was a true freshman and made a meaningful contribution to the team. Actually, he made the biggest contribution of any of the 5 freshmen in his class. His biggest weakness is his outside shooting, but he plays much bigger than he is in that he has a post game and rebounds well. He also had a positive assist/turnover ratio. It's just so odd to me that he would be the guy you focus on.

Cam has a future. He handles the ball reasonably well, IMO. Plus, he finished the year strong when given more minutes and he plays with confidence, unlike Whitt. I would not be surprised to see him make the sizable jump next year that you often see between the freshman and sophomore seasons.

The obvious curiosity is, what is the NIL situation for Mintz at Syracuse?

72qp.gif

Holy shit. Why?

The guy was in attendance to watch Syracuse get destroyed by Duke.

And then watched Wake destroy NC State.

And Syracuse is such a crappy system for a player with NBA aspirations.

But have you considered that they have the ugliest dome in sports and that they play basketball games on one side of a football stadium? It's like a DR nightmare.

Posted this in the recruiting thread but the whole thing is bizarre. Right before announcing the one thing he said on tv was that he wanted a place with stability. Syracuse enters every season with rumors that it’s Boeheim’s last season.

we've only made the tournament (play-in game) once since this kid (and other recruits) started elementary school, i think folks are overestimating our attractiveness to a high schooler

we've only made the tournament (play-in game) once since this kid (and other recruits) started elementary school, i think folks are overestimating our attractiveness to a high schooler

Also have never played in the ACC Tournament quarters since these kids were in kindergarten

I just think it's humorous that you get so worked up about the 8th or 9th man. Cam was a true freshman and made a meaningful contribution to the team. Actually, he made the biggest contribution of any of the 5 freshmen in his class. His biggest weakness is his outside shooting, but he plays much bigger than he is in that he has a post game and rebounds well. He also had a positive assist/turnover ratio. It's just so odd to me that he would be the guy you focus on.

I mentioned him twice this season: after the Towson game and during the VCU game after Les called me out. During Towson, Monsanto was sitting for several minutes in the second half when Hildreth was having huge problems beating the press. Monsanto saved us in that game. I was past it until Les made an immature reference to it on twitter during the VCU game. I’m not hung up on Hildreth but he has to be an outside scoring threat to contribute much at WF.

We need to focus on JUCO studs who haven’t been to a game at the Joel.

Cam needs to improve his three point shot. He can and will. Love his attitude, his motor, and he is athletic. Has the tools to be a solid two-way player. Need to dial back my love for Monsanto, but he's a pure scorer. The best WF has had at putting up points in bunches in a long time. Beyond excited to see what he can do when: a) he is more of the focus of the offense; b) he has a healthy ramp up to the season. Will be surprised if Monsanto is not an NBA player. If the point of basketball is to score as many points as possible, he is a rare talent.

Really excited about having Cam and Monsanto on the wings (fwiw, both were key, when WF took the lead over BC in the ACCT). Need a ball handler, and a big. If Jake leaves, we also need another versatile forward (understanding that he won't be as skilled as Jake).

My #hottake is that this time next year, we will be reading Monsanto’s “All that being said” social media post regarding entering the draft

Sure. Next year will be Monsanto’s fourth year in college.

I mentioned him twice this season: after the Towson game and during the VCU game after Les called me out. During Towson, Monsanto was sitting for several minutes in the second half when Hildreth was having huge problems beating the press. Monsanto saved us in that game. I was past it until Les made an immature reference to it on twitter during the VCU game. I’m not hung up on Hildreth but he has to be an outside scoring threat to contribute much at WF.

I agree with you re the Les comment. Just giving you a little crap.

Missing out on Mintz……next year is looking rough! I hope we can find some magic again!

My wife is from outside of Syracuse. I've been to Syracuse. I can think of at least 100 other places I'd rather spend a winter playing basketball than Syracuse, NY.

Seconded. I went to law school in upstate New York near Syracuse and...it's a "Buzz, your girlfriend...woof" kinda situation 'round there.

Back