• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction Thread: +Ituka/Carr/Appleby/Bradford

Even with Forbes track record in this current landscape I think we all should be nervous until we get player or two.

Even with Forbes track record in this current landscape I think we all should be nervous until we get player or two.

There is nervous and concerned. Then there is doom and gloom, the sky is falling...

Worry if you want to. What impact wil? it have on the team? Unless your worrying can have a direct or even indirect effect on the team, what's the point?

Maybe set up an NIL fund for what you can afford for the next great point guard.

Players are still entering the portal. We are still early in the portal recruiting process.

Just to give you nervous nellies some perspective (might not be exact dates but they're the dates of news articles I could find about each one). Put me firmly in the "okay somebody announce they're transferring TO wake anytime now" boat.

- Jake Laravia chose wake around 3/16/21
- Dallas Walton chose Wake around 4/8/21
- Monsanto chose Wake around 4/11/21
- Alondes Williams chose Wake around 5/21/21
- Khadim Sy chose Wake Forest around 6/7/21

We aren't gonna find a better pure shooter in the portal than Daivien. 44% in conference play is elite.

That’s big. He could have grad transferred. Seems very likely he’ll come back.

Holy shit. Why?

The guy was in attendance to watch Syracuse get destroyed by Duke.

And then watched Wake destroy NC State.

And Syracuse is such a crappy system for a player with NBA aspirations.

It's the era of NIL. Mo' money, mo' money, mo' money.

He's 7 feet tall. For many teams that's as athletic as he needs to be.

Teams stopped carrying 7 foot stiffs years ago. Modern centers have to be elite rim protectors, switch and defend multiple positions, and be rim runners. Either you are an elite scorer, playmaker, and defender like Jokic, Embiid, or KAT or you can reasonably attempt to defend them.

Kansas State's Nijel Pack (6'0 guard) averaged 17.3 ppg this past season as a sophomore. He played high school bb with Jake at Lawrence Central High School in Indiana. Wonder if the staff has reached out to him.

Why? Is this scoop? He doesn't seem to bring much to the table.

I’m so confused about Alondes Williams declaring for the NBA draft today. Did he have eligibility left?

Back