• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction Thread: +Ituka/Carr/Appleby/Bradford

Why? The only mock draft I've seen Bacot listed is NBADraft.net.

Can't we JUST ONCE be pleasantly surprised by a player returning? It's like if Joe Blow in his mother's basement in Wichita says one of our players might get a tryout for the G league, the player can't declare fast enough...

Takes a lot of karma to balance 4 years with Duncan.

my memory is that Aminu was borderline lottery if he left after his freshman year

Bacot could be a 2nd round pick. He has no face-up game and he's not very athletic and is not much of a defender. He will have trouble guarding the quicker NBA players. But he's a good rebounder and gets good position.

First time I’ve seen Alondes or Jake mocked in the 1st round. A Spurs writer has Alondes at #29 to the Grizzlies.

https://airalamo.com/posts/2022-nba-mock-draft-2-new-names-enter-top-30#slideshow-top-bar-_kldevcikx

Wake’s curse is producing good NBA talent without getting the team accomplishments to go with it.

Agreed. Two potential NBA first-round picks and we lose to Clemson and Boston College. SMDH. As others have said, God clearly does not like Wake Forest.

Agreed. Two potential NBA first-round picks and we lose to Clemson and Boston College. SMDH. As others have said, God clearly does not like Wake Forest.

we really don't have 2 potential NBA first round picks. We have two potential NBA 2nd round picks.

Doesn't make the losses any more excusable, but there is next to no way either Laravia or Williams is going in the 1st round.

Feel like it's a bit of chicken-egg scenario where UNC guys stick around the extra year because they feel like they can win a title if they return, and then the fact that their good players stick around is what allows them to actually win titles, which in turn leads to more guys sticking around.

For the Deacs, we've been shitting our pants in the postseason for 25 years, so I feel like there's probably not the same optimism that if a guy sticks around, he'll win a title. So they leave and that makes it impossible for us to win titles.

I guess that's the way the whole darned human comedy keeps perpetuating itself down through the generations.

Duke doesn't have a single player on the NBA 75th Anniversary team. UNC's most recent player is James Worthy. Meanwhile we have Tim Duncan and Chris Paul.

SunBelt Conference player of the year and defensive player of the year; PER 34.8; 6'7" 230; averaged 18 & 12 with 2 blocks per game

Obviously, dude can play

6'5", 210 guard, 4-year starter

averaged 8.8/5/1.1 pts/reb/assists over career

AAC defensive player of the year this past year

Forbes overlapped with Wichita State’s head coach as assistants there in 2014-15.

We are hyper focused on our team. We should pay attention to what goes on around us nationally. Like Wes Miller at Cincinnati. Young coach facing the same things Forbes faces. Multiple players in the portal. What do you do? College basketball is in La la Land. No rules. But I'll take Forbes. Doesn't operate on illusion.

Back