• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction Thread: +Ituka/Carr/Appleby/Bradford

it would seem to me that Norchad Omier is gonna get PAID wherever he goes

Gotta be a difference between "contacted" and "offered". Remember all the stories about Forbes meeting everybody on zoom and building a team from the portal.

I don't think he's offering scholarships willy nilly

Yeah, I am pretty sure the staff likes to reach out to get a sense of why the player is in the portal and what they're looking for.

Contact doesn't always equal serious interest.

Why? The only mock draft I've seen Bacot listed is NBADraft.net.

He only has so many years to get paid on his wheels. I didn’t mention draft. Do you think he improves his NBA prospects with another year in CHill?

No idea but UNC has a strong track record of getting players to stay a year longer than comparable players.

Duke doesn't have a single player on the NBA 75th Anniversary team. UNC's most recent player is James Worthy. Meanwhile we have Tim Duncan and Chris Paul.
UNC does have another guy on that team since Worthy.

LOL. I don’t know why I was thinking Worthy was after Jordan.

Duke doesn't have a single player on the NBA 75th Anniversary team. UNC's most recent player is James Worthy. Meanwhile we have Tim Duncan and Chris Paul.

Grant Hill probably makes the list if injuries didn't end his career. The closest super star Duke has produced is probably Jayson Tatum. Zion has potential, but he will need to actually stay healthy to ever reach superstar level.

Tatum and Kyrie are the only current Duke superstars. Zion could get there. Ingram is the only other one who could feasibly become a star. Other than that, they’ve got a lot of good role players. I expect Banchero to be somewhere around Ingram level.

I wonder who has reached out to Whitt.

When I see other big name schools with an interest in transfers, I just write that guy off. Maybe it's the LOWF in me, but we aren't at that level. The COY award helps, as does the extra attention, but an NCAA bid would've helped a lot more.

Back