• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction Thread: +Ituka/Carr/Appleby/Bradford

Nice. Can he play PG? Seems like he could in a pinch but is not a typical PG.

I just ordered a custom ITUKA jersey. Assuming he'll wear #10 at Wake.

If61.gif

looks to be a great pick up. under the radar and a stud.

Jao-zers!!

Welcome. How many years of eligibility left?

Jao-zers!!

Welcome. How many years of eligibility left?

3 years.

Quote from him: "I don't have a targeted date, but I promise you, however early we can get me here, I am ready to come," Ituka said. "Put that in the article. However early I can get here, I'm ready to come. As soon as school is over, I'm ready to come. I don't care about summer. I don't care about vacation. I'm ready to work. This isn't an opportunity you can let just walk up to you. You need to attack it and go out there and take it. That's what I'm going to do. If we had a game tomorrow, I'd be ready."

https://247sports.com/college/wake-...-Jao-Ituka-commits-to-Wake-Forest--186736379/

Looks like a great get! Him and Monsanto will fill it up nightly.

dude does not lack confidence and is ready to work. Love it.

Ha - I'm wholly against Les and Cam trying to tell us Wake fans that things are rosy and that we haven't "missed" on anyone etc. Neither of those guys have been Wake fans as long as hardly any of us, so neither have the perspective or experiences with the Deacs that we have. So it pisses me off when they came down on Clawsin, or act like they know something we don't.

All that aside, I trust Forbes. I think are a boatload of great players left in the portal. Remember, Jake and Alondes weren't even top-100 transfers last year. Our staff have a great eye for under the radar talent, and they know how to put a puzzle together to make a cohesive roster to compliment each other's talents. We might not get the big splash names, but I'm taking it to the bank we go into next year with a talented team, regardless of who comes back from last years team.

Against me doing what now?

The facts are the facts. Jahmir Young and Will Richard couldn't get into Wake with all the help in the world. Pretty much everyone with 2 years left, unless they're a graduate transfer is essentially a non-starter in terms of credits, and some of the guys aren't good enough.

Just because I "haven't been a Wake fan for as long as some".. what on earth does that matter? Sorry I wasn't around when Wake had a top-20 NBA player fall in their lap because a coach randomly knew someone in the islands or one of the best PGs ever to play didn't get an offer from the place he wanted to?" Bad things happen to just about every program, I grew up a GT fan if you REALLY want to talk about a school that has some shit luck.

Neither of us would make statements like that without double or triple vetting them, especially when last year we were both very up front on misses like Brockington/McKoy etc. Just like in football they have to be absurdly selective given all the hoops to jump through, and then even more to make sure they're actually good enough to play. So I'm sorry for *checks notes* calling someone out on stuff that's false?

Last edited:
3 years.

Quote from him: "I don't have a targeted date, but I promise you, however early we can get me here, I am ready to come," Ituka said. "Put that in the article. However early I can get here, I'm ready to come. As soon as school is over, I'm ready to come. I don't care about summer. I don't care about vacation. I'm ready to work. This isn't an opportunity you can let just walk up to you. You need to attack it and go out there and take it. That's what I'm going to do. If we had a game tomorrow, I'd be ready."

https://247sports.com/college/wake-...-Jao-Ituka-commits-to-Wake-Forest--186736379/

YES

He looks very strong, with good handles, and a nice concise shot. I'm very much on board.

Creamy's post and getting a commit from an under the radar guy from Marist are not mutually exclusive.

when that guy is being recruited by Florida/Xavier/Georgetown.. it wasn't like they just beat out Tufts for a recruit. Still waiting on the part of me selling things are all rosy when it'd be completely the opposite of how I handle recruiting in general and have literally handled this staff in the portal before. Maybe, just maybe, I'm not making stuff up

Nice. Can he play PG? Seems like he could in a pinch but is not a typical PG.

We'll need to surround him with some more shooters, but he seems like he's a pretty good (and efficient) operator in the pick-and-roll and transition.

He kind of gives me some freshman Jeff Teague vibes based on how he plays (with some obvious differences - height and explosiveness, for two).

Back