• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction Thread: +Ituka/Carr/Appleby/Bradford

WFU Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction - IN Ituka; OUT Whitt/Walton/Mucius

Jake at #21 on The Athletic’s latest big board

https://theathletic.com/3277809/2022/05/02/2022-nba-draft-big-board-jabari-smith-chet-holmgren/

Jake LaRavia (No. 21): This is the first spike up the board. I have long been the conductor of the LaRavia hype train, first mentioning him as one of my favorite prospects in the country to evaluate back in November and noting him as an interesting guy throughout the year. At first, I had some skepticism that his athleticism would play up enough to make him worthy of a first-round pick. But I just believe in the skill set too much to have him outside of the first round.

He’s an exceptional passer for someone this size and reads the game so well. He’s reliable and smart, making intelligent plays at his own expense that help the team. He keeps the ball moving around the horn in a way star players will love playing with. I believe he can be not just a good shooter, but a genuine plus as a confident, knockdown guy at some point. And he brings all of that at 6-foot-8 with a frame that has some upside to add athleticism as he gets into better condition from playing under NBA strength and conditioning programs. He just has just a lot of skills tailor-made for winning games.

Last edited:
Interesting that he is attempting to transfer even though U of Florida medical staff did not deem him medically qualified to play last season. Does some school take a chance on his medical situation? How will the NCAA handle the honorary start on senior night this year with respect to years of eligibility if he gets medical clearance?

He’s currently facing a pretty serious allegation of sexual assault/non-consensual sex.

He’s currently facing a pretty serious allegation of sexual assault/non-consensual sex.

Those charges are in addition to the medical DQ. Any school that accepts him before resolution of the charges is going to have a great deal of explaining to do.

does that bring us up to a starting five at least?
meaning five players total. :)

like the fact that he played alot of 5 at Delaware but shot over 40 percent from 3. Another versatile player which is what Forbes likes. Good pick up with 3 years remaining.

Are there coaches out there who prefer players with limited flexibility ?

WFU Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction - +Ituka/Carr; -Whitt/Walton/Mucius

The Panda Dunks in the commitment photo are an interesting touch.

Last edited:
Carr last year:
10/5/1, 56 from the field 40 from three, 1 steal 1 block

Jake’s last season at ISU:
12/6/2, 47 from the field 31 from three, 1.5 steals and .8 blocks

The MVC was the 10th best league in the country Jake's last year and the CAA was the 11th best this year. Carr doesn't appear to be quite as good of a defender as Jake but there is a TON of offensive upside and as he gets bigger in the weight room this summer he should be a force for us.

The staff is obviously not done recruiting and the main targets have got to be an ACC ready center to complement or even start over Marsh who a lot of people are very high on, an additional guy capable of playing the 4 and/or 5 if Jake leaves, and a ball handling guard that provides a scoring threat. It's starting to come together.

Quick recap for everybody:

Confirmed departed scholarship players:
Alondes Williams (exhausted eligibility, borderline draft pick)
Khadim Sy (exhausted eligibility, likely overseas or G league)
Isaiah Mucius (declined extra covid year, graduated and will play overseas or G league)
Dallas Walton (declined extra covid year, will play overseas or G league)
Carter Whitt (transfer, coaches decision)
Miles Lester (legendary walk on turned scholarship player)

Undecided:
Jake LaRavia (projected first or early second round draft pick)
Daivien Williamson

Confirmed Returners:
Cam Hildreth, Rob McCray, Damari Monsanto, Matthew Marsh, Lucas Taylor

Confirmed additions:
Jao Ituka (PG, transfer from Marist, three years of eligibility remaining)
Andrew Carr (forward, transfer from Delaware, three years of eligibility remaining)
Zach Keller (forward, high school recruit from Denver, Colorado)

Known targets:
Tyree Appleby (transfer guard from Florida who had official visit last week)

Remaining needs in order of importance:
ACC level big capable of playing center in addition to Marsh
Ball handling guard
Wing 3/4 with some size to fill gap of Zay (especially important if Jake does leave)

Big addition for us in Carr. He looks legit. If we get Appleby, I think we can safely say we landed another very good portal ‘class’ and still think we will get another big man or athletic SF to complement the roster. #trustinforbes

like the fact that he played alot of 5 at Delaware but shot over 40 percent from 3. Another versatile player which is what Forbes likes. Good pick up with 3 years remaining.

Pretty excited about this guy. Solid shooing stats-should be exciting to watch with the ball and help with spacing when it’s not with him.

Like that the guy was part of a team that won a conference tournament and played in the NCAAs-great experience.

Solid nickname as well-Dr. Carr!

Getting proven transfers with 3 years of eligibility is better than getting freshmen from a purely basketball standpoint.

I thought we were getting 3 years out of Laravia so I'm not going to make that assumption again, but this is still exciting.

carr is obviously another nice pickup although another bigger guy who isn’t a very good rebound. he probably can’t play the 5 so curious about his ability to defend on the perimeter.

Back