• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction Thread: +Ituka/Carr/Appleby/Bradford

Thought he would go. Great guy but I would be done as well after four years of college classes and a diploma especially if he can make money.

Is there really any room for Williamson? I realize he is experienced and it would be great if he is back, but it seems telling if we are pursuing Appleby that perhaps all of our 'draft entrants' will be gone.

Yes. Definitely there would be room.

Damn. Love Zay. Really wanted him back, seems like one we could have gotten with some NIL, he won't be drafted. Great Deacon.

Would have been great to have him back, but this frees so many more minutes for Bookie ... who is going to be far more productive on a per minute basis than Zay. No question in my mind that Forbes is going to nab a few more transfers who fit well into his system, and totally outperform expectations (as was the case with both Alondes and Jake).

I'm a little surprised that Zay didn't want to look around in the portal and see if a definite tourney team would be interested in him.

I'm a little surprised that Zay didn't want to look around in the portal and see if a definite tourney team would be interested in him.

Wouldn’t have blamed him.

IIRC, Isiah is the second and last player recruited to Wake by Manning to stay four years and graduate. Turnover has been a constant problem for Demon Deacon basketball for a long time.

All the best to Zay. His commitment, hard work and performance were outstanding.

IIRC, Isiah is the second and last player recruited to Wake by Manning to stay four years and graduate. Turnover has been a constant problem for Demon Deacon basketball for a long time.

All the best to Zay. His commitment, hard work and performance were outstanding.

I think Childress and Wilbekin both did stay all 4 years, but Mucius would be the third. Still a crazy stat

Would have been great to have him back, but this frees so many more minutes for Bookie ... who is going to be far more productive on a per minute basis than Zay. No question in my mind that Forbes is going to nab a few more transfers who fit well into his system, and totally outperform expectations (as was the case with both Alondes and Jake).

I don’t think that makes sense. Forbes isn’t going to leave someone on the bench in favor of a player that is far less productive.

good for zeke, no hard feelings at all or for any of the players going pro

but this has to be just about the nut low scenario for our offseason in terms of retention

Man, sad, I really wanted him to return,

Good luck in the next stage Mucius. Really happy you stuck a our day for Forbes!

zay seems like a good dude

does he have any realistic shot at getting drafted?

Probably not but he has good size, decent athleticism, and became a good outside shooter. He could probably make a summer camp roster and have a shot at making the G-league or getting a good deal overseas.

A 13 man Lost Era team is an interesting idea. Players must have been recruited to Wake by Bzdelick or Manning. Any takers or is it best to just forget those years and move on ?

WFU Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction - IN Ituka; OUT Whitt/Walton/Mucius

A 13 man Lost Era team is an interesting idea. Players must have been recruited to Wake by Bzdelick or Manning. Any takers or is it best to just forget those years and move on ?

First team:

G CJ Harris
G Codi Miller-McIntyre
F Isaiah Mucius
F Travis McKie
C John Collins

Second team:

G Brandon Childress
G Bryant Crawford
F Chaundee Brown
F Devin Thomas
C Doral Moore

The best of the rest: Austin Arians, Jaylen Hoard, Dinos Mitoglu, Olivier Sarr, and Coron Williams

Last edited:
Back