• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction Thread: +Ituka/Carr/Appleby/Bradford

SD State Jackrabbit Baylor Scheierman is in the portal (and he has entered his name in the NBA draft), and approximately 335 D1 programs have reached out

From here:

“That moved real quick,” agent Austin Walton said of Kentucky’s interest. “We have a high level of interest and I think the interest is mutual. The exposure of Kentucky basketball and the tradition there is something that appeals to Baylor. Their history of development and draft picks is something that’s very enticing for Baylor. It’s a lot of what we’re looking for.”

Walton, who happens to be a big Kentucky fan, added that the Duke blue Devils, Kansas Jayhawks and UCLA Bruins are among the other programs who’ve reached out, so this is clearly going to be a huge battle for arguably the best transfer available.

I've been told by a big time lurker, part time poster not to sleep on Matt Marsh, so I'm anticipating 20/10 outta him and not needing another true center.

Gonna need another center because ACC refs stripes are light blue/dark blue. Marsh won't make 40 min every game.

I've been told by a big time lurker, part time poster not to sleep on Matt Marsh, so I'm anticipating 20/10 outta him and not needing another true center.

It's the conservativism of your takes and the restraint you show with your opinions that make you one of my favorite posters.

Les or Cam, is the football staff aware of Gideon Ituka?
Gideon is a 5'9", 220 lb. running back in the 2024 class from Gaithersburg, Md. Same last name and hometown as Jao.
I haven't been able to determine the exact connection but surely there is one.
Gideon has already been offered by BC and Maryland.

Not to worry. Hildreth lulled the league into a false sense of security last year. That’s what smart players do. He might not be the 30/10/10 we expected, but he’ll definitely be better than Alondes.

Not to worry. Hildreth lulled the league into a false sense of security last year. That’s what smart players do. He might not be the 30/10/10 we expected, but he’ll definitely be better than Alondes.

Scorching #hottake I like it.

Saw a tweet mentioning that Tyree Appleby is currently on campus. So that's something.

Jeff Borzello tracking rosters for all P6 schools here

Wake Forest Demon Deacons

Departed or expected to depart: Alondes Williams (18.5 PPG), Dallas Walton (9.3 PPG), Khadim Sy (6.0 PPG), Carter Whitt (1.7 PPG)
In limbo: Jake LaRavia (14.6 PPG), Daivien Williamson (11.8 PPG), Isaiah Mucius (9.5 PPG)
Expected to return: Damari Monsanto (7.3 PPG), Cameron Hildreth (3.9 PPG), Matthew Marsh (2.8 PPG), Robert McCray V (1.9 PPG), Lucas Taylor (0.1 PPG)
Newcomers: Zach Keller (four-star), Jao Ituka (15.3 PPG at Marist)

If you don't look at the middle of the list, we have a shot!

Yeah I think that's too many big schools to overcome to get that kid. Only hope to get him would be for him to think he'd be coming off the bench for the big schools.

Back