• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction Thread: +Ituka/Carr/Appleby/Bradford

Well right now, there's no other option for starting PG except maybe McCray.

Perhaps one could argue that Ituka is what McCray would have been if he played at Marist last year.

God I hope not considering McCray couldn't even get on the floor last year.

does hand size run in the family?

Yes, but, this uncle is my dad's brother and the freakishly large hands come from my mom. I think even at 6'4" he could only manage 2-handed dunks. My dad says he would do a pretty monster reverse tomahawk jam in warm ups though.

Really hope we can land Appleby... I think between Appleby and Ituka, that would take care of the PG position (and both of those guys could also play some at the 2).

Alondes & Carter played a combined 46mpg last year. That's a lot of minutes for Appleby & Ituka.

If Williamson doesn't come back, that's 30 more minutes... Opportunity for Hildreth, McCray, & Taylor to earn serious minutes.

If we can land Appleby & Carr this week, I have to think the next move is to try to find a big (regardless of what happens w/ Williamson & Mucius).

Really hoping Mucius comes back. Williamson is much more replaceable, although he’d be a great piece to have no doubt, but I think he’s reached his ceiling. Mucius finally settled into a defined role this year and really excelled there, but he can definitely still reach another level I think. The key is for him to not put too much pressure on himself - Alondes and Jake allowed him to really come into his own as a solid ~4th option on a good team.

Have a young kid at work whose brother played with Jao in high school. He says he is highly underrated because he wasn’t properly evaluated due to both his high school team and AAU league not playing during COVID.

Have a young kid at work whose brother played with Jao in high school. He says he is highly underrated because he wasn’t properly evaluated due to both his high school team and AAU league not playing during COVID.

Seems like it - he says he can get by anyone and regardless of the competition he shows a ridiculous 1st and 2nd step to get past defenders. I also like how strong he appears to be at a young age.

I've been told by a big time lurker, part time poster not to sleep on Matt Marsh, so I'm anticipating 20/10 outta him and not needing another true center.

I've been told by a big time lurker, part time poster not to sleep on Matt Marsh, so I'm anticipating 20/10 outta him and not needing another true center.

40 minutes, 20 points, 10 boards. Count me in.

Best Player Available

Back