• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction Thread: +Ituka/Carr/Appleby/Bradford

Jake just did an interview with NBA Big Board…yeah it’s safe to say he’s gone. On to the next transfer guy

Yeah I think that's too many big schools to overcome to get that kid. Only hope to get him would be for him to think he'd be coming off the bench for the big schools.

I keep hoping that one of these players will decide to be a legend at a place like Wake Forest rather than just another forgotten recruit that rolled through Duke etc.

I keep hoping that one of these players will decide to be a legend at a place like Wake Forest rather than just another forgotten recruit that rolled through Duke etc.

Need somebody to give Scheierman something like $1 million over 2 years, maybe a car or two, to get that one. While also beating out his childhood team (Kansas) and his agent's fever dream (Kentucky).

Who's going to stop sleeping with their wives and dogs and step up?

These kids don't dream of being a college legend, they dream of being an NBA player.

good luck Zay

I hope he gets his degree.

Not sure I understand this decision but best wishes

Damn. Love Zay. Really wanted him back, seems like one we could have gotten with some NIL, he won't be drafted. Great Deacon.

Not sure I understand this decision but best wishes

Well presumably the explanation is that he's been in college for 4 years and would prefer to get paid to play basketball in Europe instead of staying in college for another year. Might be something that's difficult to understand from the perspective of a fan, but it seems pretty simple to understand from his perspective.

The only reasonable reason he would have come back is if he thought he would have improved enough in the next year that he gets paid significantly more/gets a significantly better shot at the NBA after next year than he is going to by leaving now.

Good luck to Mucius. Regardless of one's views of early entry, NIL, etc., no one should begrudge a kid's decision to leave after spending 4 years there (and I'm not suggesting that anyone has done that here). Glad he picked Wake and hope he has a great career in basketball.

Well presumably the explanation is that he's been in college for 4 years and would prefer to get paid to play basketball in Europe instead of staying in college for another year. Might be something that's difficult to understand from the perspective of a fan, but it seems pretty simple to understand from his perspective.

The only reasonable reason he would have come back is if he thought he would have improved enough in the next year that he gets paid significantly more/gets a significantly better shot at the NBA after next year than he is going to by leaving now.

A good reason to stay would be that the NIL money at WF is similar to (when also accounting for free room, food, a master's, etc.) what he will earn elsewhere. I don't know how realistic that is, but that would be a good reason. But like I said, good luck to Zay and best wishes.

Have to give Zay credit. He survived two years of Manning, stuck it out when Forbes was hired, and learned to stick with what he does well. We will miss him on both ends of the floor.

A good reason to stay would be that the NIL money at WF is similar to (when also accounting for free room, food, a master's, etc.) what he will earn elsewhere. I don't know how realistic that is, but that would be a good reason. But like I said, good luck to Zay and best wishes.

Even if the money is similar, maybe he wants to be able to play basketball full time instead of going to classes at Wake for a degree that he may/may not plan on actually utilizing at some point.

Also, I doubt the money is similar, but NIL is rapidly evolving so who knows.

Best wishes to Zay. Hope he's grabbing paper in a few weeks as he heads out the door.

him not leaving after manning was canned was huge for the program. loved having him be a part of the team

Back