• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction Thread: +Ituka/Carr/Appleby/Bradford

Totally agree with this. The key from the guys we have will be Ituka being able to handle the ball, as we struggled a lot with turnovers for a variety of reasons but he had a fantastically low TO rate relative to usage as a freshman and looks to have an excellent handle.

We need a big desperately and a 6'7"+ Mucius type 3/4 is exactly what we need to feel confident on the wing in addition to the guards we have who are mostly undersized. I would be shocked if Daivien didn't come back.

1: Ituka, Daivien
2: Appleby, Hildreth, McCray, Monsanto sometimes, don't expect Taylor to play much
3: Monsanto, transfer?, Cam sometimes (big enough and physical enough to guard a lot of 3s imo)
4: Carr, transfer?
5. Marsh, transfer needed please!, Carr when we must

Basically I'm saying we need a minimum of two more transfers if Jake does leave, with one being a 3/4 and one being a 5 or a 4/5. Would love to not have to play Carr as a center as like Jake he should explode in productivity when he's able to move from center at mid major level to his natural position as a forward in the ACC.

Good breakdown. I am thinking this:

1: Daivien (I hope, and of course he will start, if he returns, why would he return to come off the bench?), Appleby (who is a PG), McCray was handling the ball and playing PG on the 2nd unit last year

2: Ituka (a baby Oladipo scoring SG), Hildreth, Monsanto sometimes (love the big lineup), don't expect Taylor to play much

3: Monsanto, transfer?, Cam sometimes (big enough and physical enough to guard a lot of 3s)

4: Carr, Keller (6-8 mins. per game)

5. Marsh, transfer needed please!, Carr when we must - AREA OF NEED.

Need a 5 man, and maybe a SF and we are good to go!

smh why do y'all make me do this.

positional designations don't mean squat! we play a four-out, sometimes five-out offense. that's what 95% of our opponents play as well and we switch constantly and usually hedge pretty hard on pick and roll which also means lots of rotations and switching on defense.

our lineups typically will need a point guard (obvious reasons) and a big (rim protector and most teams we play will have one post threat). other that that, we need a group of players who can collectively dribble the ball well enough and rebound the ball. i see mucius being referred to as a "3/4," but that really doesn't portray his game at all since he was an awful rebounder. similarly, i see laravia being called our "4" but he was really more of a traditional guard.

Saw a 7’5’’ big from WKU entered the portal. He was highly productive last year. Not sure if he’s committed somewhere or not.

All true but Forbes also isn’t going to run three 6-1 guys for more than a few minutes a game.

All true but Forbes also isn’t going to run three 6-1 guys for more than a few minutes a game.

Yeah, if Williamson returns, I think you'll only see 2 of Ituka, Appleby, Williamson on the floor at any given time.

Went down a rabbit hole and, I don't know, this guy is calling to me. Would be a 6th year grad student with 2 years left potentially (similar to Walton); is English - so England connection; was on the UMBC team that beat UVa - so, a slight Odom connection; and when I pulled him up on twitter one of the first posts was a list of most fouled per 40, where he was listed with Ituka. Too many synchronicities.

Went down a rabbit hole and, I don't know, this guy is calling to me. Would be a 6th year grad student with 2 years left potentially (similar to Walton); is English - so England connection; was on the UMBC team that beat UVa - so, a slight Odom connection; and when I pulled him up on twitter one of the first posts was a list of most fouled per 40, where he was listed with Ituka. Too many synchronicities.

Seems undersized to play C at this level, especially when he appears to have no ability to shoot the ball.

Probably, yeah. Looks like he struggled against the better competition (Texas and Arizona) he faced, too. I was just feeling it.

WFU Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction - +Ituka/Carr/Appleby; -Whitt/Walton/Mucius

And a Georgetown transfer too, but it can't be a GT transfer big man who is Lithuanian.

LOL. That’s pretty good.

Akin is interesting. Four years putting up decent numbers at UMBC and good year at Cal Baptist which is apparently in the WAC. There’s something to be said for rolling our a bunch of 23-24 year olds who can play athletic physical ball.

We need a big desperately and a 6'7"+ Mucius type 3/4 is exactly what we need to feel confident on the wing in addition to the guards we have who are mostly undersized.

(While we are doing throwback jokes) So you are saying we could use Skeen this season.

How are we looking for Lance Thomas?

Saw a 7’5’’ big from WKU entered the portal. He was highly productive last year. Not sure if he’s committed somewhere or not.

dude can play. a defensive force. #1 in the nation in Effective FG%.

had a triple double last year. played great against UL when UL was pretty good. impacted every shot in the lane. also knows how to get to the basket on a pick and roll and get the dunk.

Wasn't sure what Sharp's eligibility was or what the chances are we'd accept him, coming from JUCO and only having one year at WK, but looks super interesting.

Looks like he didn't qualify out of high school. I'd take him, but Wake might not.

Last edited:
Wasn't sure what Sharp's eligibility was or what the chances are we'd accept him, coming from JUCO and only having one year at WK, but looks super interesting.

Looks like he didn't qualify out of high school. I'd take him, but Wake might not.

yeah, I would imagine that is a deal-breaker

Yeah, if Williamson returns, I think you'll only see 2 of Ituka, Appleby, Williamson on the floor at any given time.

if we don't see major roster changes, i would make a BOARD BET that we do see a lot of three guard lineups with those three.

not to dismiss the obvious faults with the three guard lineup -- why i think its critical we add some rim presence and rebounding. jamaal levy would be awesome in today's game as a versatile big or alongside a stretch 5.

Last edited:
Back