• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '22-'23 Roster Construction Thread: +Ituka/Carr/Appleby/Bradford

FQuBUGxVQAQKEry

it is possible I am reading too much into this - but if I were in charge of the WF social media presence, I would try to be reasonably confident this photo included players who were returning next year. Which is presumably why it does not include Jake, Dallas, or Alondes. And which also encourages me regarding the status of Daivien and Zay.

Of course, even with those guys coming back, we need ACC-ready players at lead guard and big, at a minimum.

Relax, after this round of visits we will have anywhere from 1-3 new players IMO

I echo this. Last year there were no in person visits to campuses, so transferring athletes had their Zoom calls and made their choices. This year many are waiting until they finish on campus visits. So the whole schedule is pushed back a few weeks. I'll start worrying once Wake has hosted five prospective transfers and hasn't gotten a commitment.

How many prospective transfers has Wake hosted?

How many prospective transfers has Wake hosted?

No officials yet (at least not reported by insiders). They start on Sunday. There are 4 or 5 visiting over the next week. That's why it's a little early to hit the panic button. If WF has no additional commitments over the next 10 days or so, then, yes, that would be a problem.

Let’s calm down until Forbes has a chance to put flyers up on campus. Should get at least 3 to 4 interested students.

I trust Forbes more coaching the 7 guys we have in the roster than I did the previous two coaches with any of their rosters.

This. Also, we are going to land some studs in the portal again. I’m very confident. DEACS!

Let’s calm down until Forbes has a chance to put flyers up on campus. Should get at least 3 to 4 interested students.

Big Brain Thinking. Got to be some available intramural hero-ballers.

Seems pretty obvious that transfer credits are a major problem and Wente doesn't care about athletics enough to create a level playing field.

Seems pretty obvious that transfer credits are a major problem and Wente doesn't care about athletics enough to create a level playing field.

I've heard that Wente is much more pro-athletics and is likely to be more lenient than Hatch. You've heard otherwise?

Les and Cam are painting things all rosey on their board. Shining up a turd. Telling everyone to be patient and all that. We have a couple low level role players visiting next week.

Wake had 3 of those once VT won the ACC tournament (that one was also a road win, and coincidentally a Quad 1 win)

VT win doesn't really count. They weren't getting in without winning the ACC Tourney so the committee would not have considered them a 'likely tourney team'.

Back