• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

And I can’t speak to exactly what was said in that situation, but John Chappell went to UofSC and barely saw the floor.
Did he actually commit - and then get told to move on? Because that was the hypothetical. I don't remember him committing.

It’s Instagram, not Twitter. Pay attention to that more because that’s what recruits actually use. Twitter is more like their LinkedIn, strictly for business.

That’s true. Twitter in general is in serious decline as a source. You can still make some assumptions based on if the coaches or prominent boosters start following a recruit’s parents, but that doesn’t guarantee anything.

Did he actually commit - and then get told to move on? Because that was the hypothetical. I don't remember him committing.
He did commit under GDO and then Prosser had the talk and said he wouldn’t play. I’m a believer that in rare certain cases of a legacy kid wants to come you take them. Depends on the team, coach and time. There are some Wake teams of the past that Brandon Childress might not have seen the floor, his timing was good and I’m glad he was at Wake though played on so,e awful teams.

He did commit under GDO and then Prosser had the talk and said he wouldn’t play. I’m a believer that in rare certain cases of a legacy kid wants to come you take them. Depends on the team, coach and time. There are some Wake teams of the past that Brandon Childress might not have seen the floor, his timing was good and I’m glad he was at Wake though played on so,e awful teams.
That dumbass coach at VaTech wishes he had instituted that policy for Dell Curry's kids, huh?

2 open Scholarships. 1 if Sallis commits.

We weren't heavily relying on the portal this off-season.

Bobi will most likely be back.

Let's get Sallis, BPA and roll out some lineup projections
Methinks Bobi will be back also. If he has gone to an NBA type camp already and seen the competition out there……..or if most of these guys look at who all has already come out early for the league, number of European kids coming, a few seniors, etc. DAMN. There just are not that many guaranteed spots available to make a bad decision for. Stay Bobi and be sure! Get stronger and come out a lottery pick next year.

So, we are claiming the 2017 WF team who was an 11 seed "didn't make the tournament"?

That year, WF lost to K State by 7 in Dayton. If WF had won that game in Dayton, making the tournament wouldn't be as urgent in 2024?
Ultimately we “lost” because Well-Man extended Manning’s contract forever and gave him about $15 mill for nothing!

Good post. I'm a Forbes guy and wouldn't trade him for anyone, and I think we're going in the right direction, but I can't help but feel a little disappointed that we still don't feel like a probable NCAA tournament team next year. Again, maybe the issue is mine with not realizing how much the previous decade utterly destroyed any credibility our program still had, but the ACC has never been weaker and yet we're still at or below NIT level.
Weaker than normal ACC lately. Sure would be nice to get at least to semi-final Friday of ACCT. Be playing at the tourney with a crowd.

I feel like WFU has set up some sort of GPT AI to contact everyone who enters the portal. Reminds me of a buddy of mine from high school who just put up a poster in the cafeteria saying he needed a date to prom.

I don't understand the nuances of college recruiting, but I am certain that knowing a candidate has heard from is WFU not terribly meaningful. Although I suppose if I were in the portal and didn't hear from WFU that would trigger some introspection on my hoops skills and prospects.

Ultimately we “lost” because Well-Man extended Manning’s contract forever and gave him about $15 mill for nothing!
Let me assure what we got was A LOT WORSE than nothing. We could only hope what we experienced was nothing vs. the abyss dug by Bzz boy and Danny.

I feel like WFU has set up some sort of GPT AI to contact everyone who enters the portal. Reminds me of a buddy of mine from high school who just put up a poster in the cafeteria saying he needed a date to prom.

I don't understand the nuances of college recruiting, but I am certain that knowing a candidate has heard from is WFU not terribly meaningful. Although I suppose if I were in the portal and didn't hear from WFU that would trigger some introspection on my hoops skills and prospects.
Pretty much every major program has a grad assistant or two who is responsible for monitoring the portal, and anyone that seems remotely possible gets "contacted". Getting contacted likely means exchanging basic info like academic status and whether there are any pending criminal actions. WF contacts a lot of those in the portal, but Arkansas leads the world in that. They contact 100s.

Kind of like Danny manning going down the list of 5 stars and offering everyone. Looks great at first, then no one but rondale Watson commits.

Phillips had 14 DNPs, including against WF, and scored a total of 27 points on the season for the worst team in the SEC. Maybe Hurley is pissed that this was the best he could do in the portal.

Saw this one and thought... Dude must be a player!

Nope. Redshirted in '21-22 and then played a total of 7 minutes this year. Had an undisclosed injury that I'm pretty sure was just him not being very good.

Back