• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

#27 in 2024 draft

PF – Wake Forest (Sweden) – HT: 6-10 – WT: 225 – WING: NA – Fr – A long and mobile forward with raw skills and a lot of upside.
That seems like an older mock based on some of the player comments (eg — Proctor has already decided to come back).

#27 in 2024 draft

PF – Wake Forest (Sweden) – HT: 6-10 – WT: 225 – WING: NA – Fr – A long and mobile forward with raw skills and a lot of upside.
NBADraft.net had him at #6 in their 2024 mock draft like two or three weeks ago.

I'm not surprised there's such a wide range of opinions on him since he's basically an enigma compared to every other guy entering the draft but I don't know if it's going to play out in our favour. It only takes one team to think they've seen something in him that nobody else has and they could potentially turn his head and get him to commit to the draft. I think he'd be better off coming back, playing another year and then getting drafted a lot higher next year but if he gets ideas of big money and bright lights he might not want to wait.

I was pretty confident when he first put his name into the draft that he'd be coming back next year but the longer this goes on and the more people keep bigging him up despite nothing changing in the last month or two then the more likely I think it is that we're going to be having to find a replacement for him before next season.

NBADraft.net had him at #6 in their 2024 mock draft like two or three weeks ago.

I'm not surprised there's such a wide range of opinions on him since he's basically an enigma compared to every other guy entering the draft but I don't know if it's going to play out in our favour. It only takes one team to think they've seen something in him that nobody else has and they could potentially turn his head and get him to commit to the draft. I think he'd be better off coming back, playing another year and then getting drafted a lot higher next year but if he gets ideas of big money and bright lights he might not want to wait.

I was pretty confident when he first put his name into the draft that he'd be coming back next year but the longer this goes on and the more people keep bigging him up despite nothing changing in the last month or two then the more likely I think it is that we're going to be having to find a replacement for him before next season.
it is still just one guy, Sam Vecenie, hyping him up.

Well he's the only person that I've seen that's posted an article hyping him up but he's starting to appear in more and more mock drafts and big boards for next year which would imply to me that he is gaining some sort of attention/traction behind the scenes amongst scouts.

I think it's pretty clear to all of us that Bobi's not ready for the NBA yet by a long stretch and even if he gets drafted this year he won't be seeing the court for a while without some kind of huge leap but if a team picking in the 25-30 range thinks they could potentially steal a guy that's going to be a lottery pick next year they might just take a swing at it. Especially with the G-League being an actual tool NBA teams are using to develop guys now and not just an after thought, they might prefer seeing him develop under their own watch than at a program they have no control over.

The surety with which people are declaring bobi a bad draft pick this year but a good one next year are missing the entire point. If he us a good pick next year getting him now is just an early good pick.

He may choose to come back for a variety of reasons. Same for leaving. The rest is just gnashing teeth needlessly.

The surety with which people are declaring bobi a bad draft pick this year but a good one next year are missing the entire point. If he us a good pick next year getting him now is just an early good pick.

He may choose to come back for a variety of reasons. Same for leaving. The rest is just gnashing teeth needlessly.
Right. Like I posted yesterday or the day before. If he wants to be a pro, he'll leave. If he wants to be a college student, he'll stay.

Dear Sam Vecenie,

I am writing to you today on behalf of Wake Forest fans everywhere, who are growing increasingly concerned with your recent touting of Bobi Klintman as a first-round pick in the 2023 NBA Draft.

While we understand that Klintman is a talented player, we believe that your predictions are premature and could ultimately harm his draft stock. Klintman has yet to prove himself against top-level competition and has not even played a full season at the collegiate level.

Furthermore, we believe that your focus on Klintman is detracting from other talented players on the Wake Forest team, who deserve recognition and attention for their own skills and potential as NBA prospects.

We urge you to reconsider your predictions and give Klintman and his teammates the time and space to develop and prove themselves on the court. By jumping the gun on Klintman's draft stock, you risk setting him up for failure and causing undue pressure on him and the team.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and we hope that you will take our concerns into consideration.

Sincerely, Wake Forest fans

Yea, it does kinda feel that way.

The only two points I'll add is:
  • On today's Sam Vecenie podcast where Sam mocked Bobi at #26, his co-host (Adam Spinella) responded with something like, "Yea, Bobi is a name that has begun to heat up on draft circuits." So, there's that too, I guess.
  • Bobi did show up super-high on the NBAdraft.net mock draft for 2024, which I do not believe is affiliated with or run by Sam. Obviously they still might be influenced by Sam.

Can a group of fans pay a sports writer to stop hyping up their players? Asking for a collective.

Don't forget that as a citizen of Sweden, Bobi is an easy Euro-stash candidate. He would not use a precious non-EU roster slot.

Hopefully, at least, Bobi is listening to actual NBA people and not the mock drafters and pundits. If Forbes and Shay are any good at their jobs, he will be.

Hopefully, at least, Bobi is listening to actual NBA people and not the mock drafters and pundits. If Forbes and Shay are any good at their jobs, he will be.

Nick Nurse should have some spare time.

Right. Like I posted yesterday or the day before. If he wants to be a pro, he'll leave. If he wants to be a college student, he'll stay.
This! I mean he could also have a huge payday in Europe regardless of his NBA draft status.

Back