• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

On3 supposedly did their final rankings for the '23 class (similar to what 24/7 did a week or two ago)...

MMM is #129
Parker Friedrichsen is #143
Aaron Clark is #145

Big discrepancy between On3 & 24/7 for MMM & Parker.

Re: thread title

I keep reading it as "boobi watch"
Sorry Bobi!

Charleston much more accessible with several discount airlines serving the area. Great move by the powers at be to correct a bad situation that I believed originated with our previous no named AD.
Hell, yeah, and I will be there. Is this confirmed?

Charleston much more accessible with several discount airlines serving the area. Great move by the powers at be to correct a bad situation that I believed originated with our previous no named AD.
Charleston coach Pat Kelsey quotes Skip Prosser practically every press conference, so this should have a friendly vibe, should be welcoming for us.

Last time we played there, we got spanked by Villanova and Jay Wright.

Charleston coach Pat Kelsey quotes Skip Prosser practically every press conference, so this should have a friendly vibe, should be welcoming for us.

Last time we played there, we got spanked by Villanova and Jay Wright.
Yep. It was ugly and I had decent seats, too.

just got back from a forbes deacon club event.

notes:
  • monsanto is way ahead of schedule and may be ready for september
  • hildreth is getting better, was best player in spring
  • andrew carr had surgery on his wrist after spring practice (he's tryna gain weight in the meantime, might be tough for him keep it on during the season)
  • no clue if bobi is coming back or not
  • we badly need NIL money via RTQ ("we need players, not buildings")

Last edited:
Did Forbes say "we need players, not buildings?" Wake could have gotten ahead of the game and led the push to pay athletes instead of going all in on buildings over the last 5 or so years.

notes:
  • andrew carr had surgery on his wrist after spring practice
Thanks for the info - never lived close enough to get to one of these events. Great updates. I know a lot of us probably feel like individually we aren't needle movers (for the Deacon Club or for the Roll the Quad NIL). But we can definitely make a difference and keep us competitive if ALL of us are giving what we can afford to give on an annual basis.

Did Forbes say "we need players, not buildings?" Wake could have gotten ahead of the game and led the push to pay athletes instead of going all in on buildings over the last 5 or so years.
Or maybe that push gets us to a point that money can now be diverted from building to getting players.

DR will not be happy with the “we need players not buildings” position. Guess we don’t need to hide our keys.

notes:
  • andrew carr had surgery on his wrist after spring practice (he's tryna gain weight in the meantime, might be tough for him keep it on during the season)
Excited to see what Carr does next year. I knew that injury was pretty serious. Definite drop off in production.

I know a lot of us probably feel like individually we aren't needle movers (for the Deacon Club or for the Roll the Quad NIL). But we can definitely make a difference and keep us competitive if ALL of us are giving what we can afford to give on an annual basis.
this is 100% true.

We have goals - but they are very attainable in the board's opinion. To hit those goals though, we're going to need everyone. Even if it's $10/month.

Back