• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

am I crazy or is the combine the best chance he'd have at securing a draft pick?

There is nothing you could say to make this make sense. Nothing. These kids get HORRIBLE advice.

Sucks for Wake to only get a handful of good games from him.

I'm a little surprised he pulled out of the draft combine completely and isn't going back to Wake. Could mean he got first round promises from multiple NBA teams. Could mean he got a big offer from one or more European Teams. Or both. Or maybe he is homesick and took what he could get from a Swedish pro team. It will be interesting to see where he ends up by September.

Meantime, Forbes and company should be making a hard push for their preferred portal guys. I hope they don't leave that scholarship empty. By announcing early, he gives Wake a better chance at filling it with a quality player.

not a Kevin O'Connor follower - I assume he knows what he is talking about?

since WF Hoops tweeted this out 18 hours ago?

ugh, wtf? he has to have a guarantee from a team, i see no other option here. it feels like a dangerous game...the team is not obligated when they give their "guarantee".

good luck to him...

time to go fishing in the portal again! what are we considering as our big need now, wing?

I wish him luck. He isn’t remotely ready to play pro basketball yet, but if someone is dumb enough to draft him that high and pay him accordingly, go get it.

It seems insane that a team would give him a guarantee based on the evidence to date. And as warak said, absolutely nothing to prevent them from saying ah nvm we changed our minds sorry.

Arm chair draft experts opine.

Likely has a promise. Dangerous to show poorly. Dangerous to the team(s) promising if he blows up and competition heats up. NBA teams can see the exact things we can be excited about the impending break through year we all just "know" was coming. And those nba teams don't have a "day job" getting in the way of their talent evaluations.

Wake tweeted that ¹ it was prescheduled and the media team didn't get the notice or, and more importantly, ² shows the staff and school support a player's dream and are helping do what's best for their player.

Back