• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

If Jao scores more than 20+ at any point this season I’ll eat my phone. I’ll also be pumped and we’ll be a top 25 team if he’s that level of player.
It might be good and time to be pumped if any and hopefully all of the West Coast transfers will score ten or more in a single game. Their prior averages certainly do not show that but their high school star rankings is what we are hoping on.

Canka's career high in minutes played is 14. He has played at least 10 minutes in two college games

Games against KP top 100 teams:

Boopie 7
Sallis 34
Reid 34
Ituka 2 with Marist, 2 with WF

Posted the stats without comment or context.

I don't think there is any debate about Boopie being a scorer... Of the 10 games he didn't get to double-figures, I think 5-6 of those were 8 or 9 points. But he's not one of the West Coast guys that Bones was talking about.

I think Reid and Sallis will score a lot more in bigger roles (and in an offense that better fits their skill sets). Reid was much better at LSU than Gonzaga, but a lot of that was because he couldn't get on the floor much for the Zags.

Canka is very much a test of our staff's ability to evaluate talent. He was on their radar before he went to UCLA, and they liked him enough to jump at the chance to bring him on board (even though there isn't much from his time at UCLA to get excited about).

I believe shay was, and remains, special asst to the coach or something. he did not want to travel for recruiting. the other official asst coaches get a step up and new guy is end of the bench. who knows what duties will be assigned for the season. i would assume, last guy in would not lead the offense or defense but would be an active participant with ideas.
Shay will officially be an assistant coach and no longer a special assistant come July 1 and expected to be an off-campus recruiter

Thanks, Cam. Wanted to post that yesterday, but didn't know if it would be appropriate.

Realize that WF doesn't have room to add, but there a number of studs in the portal that pulled out of the NBA draft this week (Grant Nelson, Peter Kaluma). Richmond's Tyler Burton pulled out of the draft and committed to Villanova. FAU will have 8 of its top 9 back. They will open the season in the top 10, maybe top 5.

[NJDeac'22]No problem. We can just recruit over the existing roster.[/NJDeac'22]

Just get Miller, Ituka, Hildreth et al to throw him about a dozen lobs per game.
I actually think Marsh is going to have some post moves and mid range jumper by fall and will average a double double. Big men just develop slower but the jump he made from freshman to sophomore year is encouraging to me

All I got out of that was that he's a Basketball-spiller.

And he's got that 4 footer from the baseline down cold.

In all seriousness, I'm excited to see what he can do. I think he's going to be a baller for us.

He definitely looks the part. Should benefit from being on campus this summer with the team in terms of the learning curve. Seems likely he’ll have to play some minutes this season with Bobi leaving.

Harris official now.

I like this trend of Forbes bringing in his former players for this and other staff spots for seemingly sorts of mini-internship-type roles, getting their coaching careers going. Think it can only really benefit us in the long run, but it's also just cool to see him encouraging and fostering this type of thing.

Last edited:
I actually think Marsh is going to have some post moves and mid range jumper by fall and will average a double double. Big men just develop slower but the jump he made from freshman to sophomore year is encouraging to me
yea, i have no idea how much better he'll be but we usually get a nice jump between sophomore and junior year big guys

All I got out of that was that he's a Basketball-spiller.

And he's got that 4 footer from the baseline down cold.

In all seriousness, I'm excited to see what he can do. I think he's going to be a baller for us.
yea he's super intriguing, but I have a feeling it's gonna take more of an adjustment for him than it did Bobi since Bobi at least had some experience playing US-style basketball

I don’t think he’ll need to play as much as Bobi did. We should have better depth.

A few tweets below is an update on his 6-4 14/15 year old little sister. Coach Gebbia needs it be all over her.

Realize that WF doesn't have room to add, but there a number of studs in the portal that pulled out of the NBA draft this week (Grant Nelson, Peter Kaluma). Richmond's Tyler Burton pulled out of the draft and committed to Villanova. FAU will have 8 of its top 9 back. They will open the season in the top 10, maybe top 5.
If, for some reason Reid doesn't get a waiver, does that open up a scholarship? Or does he keep it and we are short a man on the bench?

Back