• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

"For all the talk about cross country trips, it's going to really suck for West Coast fans stuck with games at Maryland at 4:00 on a random Wednesday afternoon."
Thank goodness I have my own office that I can close the door to and watch sports. I had to stream a ton of afternoon baseball games this year.

I can take a flight for $100 a short flight from one end of the West Coast to the other. I recently paid $500 for a 5 hour flight to the midwest. Yes, cross country trips are cost prohibitive versus being on the same coast.

Not to mention a woman who grew up in LA is more likely to have family within driving distance of former PAC-10 schools than Big Ten schools.

"For all the talk about cross country trips, it's going to really suck for West Coast fans stuck with games at Maryland at 4:00 on a random Wednesday afternoon."
Personally I think a lot of these Olympic sports will suck during their conference season on these trips. Non-con however has always travelled everywhere to play. However I don’t think baseball will be affected too much since they have 3 day series stays. Golf won’t be affected since they travel everywhere for 10+ team matches anyway.

Can't believe how awful the timing was for it to happen when Steve was overseas. Not that there's ever a good time for something like this, but that must have been harrowing for everybody.

Thoughts with the entire family.

Good The Athletic interview and article on Trilly Donovan.

I tried to solve the mystery myself and even got him to agree to an interview. Once given a phone number, I could surely crack the case. One problem: He had ground rules. It had to be over Zoom, he wasn’t turning on his camera and I had to promise not to share the audio.

Trilly did provide the following biographical info: He works in college basketball, he’s 32, married, no kids and lives somewhere out East. That’s the extent of what he’ll reveal. Even in an interview setting, he will not say his first name. He will say he’s not an agent. He’s not a reporter. He’s not a coach. And …

“I’m not Billy Donovan,” he said, laughing. (But he grew up a Donovan-era Florida fan.)

I always wondered why he choose Trilly Donavan as his handle and now I know!

Back