• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

I’d guess Auburn for the SEC exhibition. Makes too much sense with Pearl.

UT did a similar event with Gonzaga last year, but I just can’t imagine it’d be the Vols given the baggage with both Forbes and Currie.

UK or Bama would be fun. Obviously not gonna be UF or Georgia, given they’re already on the schedule. And we’ve all seen enough of LSU at this point.

At present...

Think Miller, Sallis and Hildreth will get the minutes at the 1 and 2. Carr is solid at the four. Canka and Monsanto at the three. Hopefully, Reid and Marsh at the five. Forbes likes the length of the team for defense. If Forbes wants a ball handler and quickness Miller will start. If the priority is defense Canka will start. Need another big and another wing/guard.

Here's how important Reid is to the team. He is the best rebounder. He is the best rim protector. He is seen as a top five player by the players and the coaches. He talks nonstop on the court. Forbes has always maintained he prefers his five to direct the defense since they are positioned to see everyone on the floor. Reid is exactly that player.

We play Pitino in the Charleston Classic right?

We played Pitino in 1993 and had trouble defending the 3. And against their press.

FSU, 2 days later, went deep against the press. Threw it over the top, deep balls.

Just a thought.

We play Pitino in the Charleston Classic right?

We played Pitino in 1993 and had trouble defending the 3. And against their press.

FSU, 2 days later, went deep against the press. Threw it over the top, deep balls.

Just a thought.
Nothing complacent about taking it balls deep.

That is a punch straight to the feels. I was really rooting for him. He’s been in a lot of the social media highlights and looked like he had done the work to take this season by storm. Forbes loved his attitude and ability enough to make him a captain last year. I feel awful for the guy.

Wow. Really tough news for Jao. Two seasons lost to injury.

Back