• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

I think the criticism of the other board is kind of overstated and I'm glad we have somebody who's actually providing inside information for the program which has been missing.

I think the criticism of the other board is kind of overstated and I'm glad we have somebody who's actually providing inside information for the program which has been missing.
The problem is that it largely isn’t inside info. It’s basically stuff that anyone can find on Twitter. The board itself is the big issue for me though. Really awful place to read and post. Comparable to the Facebook groups where people are all sunshine brigade and out of touch with any semblance of reality about anything.

Last edited:
The problem is that it largely isn’t inside info. It’s basically stuff that anyone can find on Twitter. The board itself is the problem for me though. Really awful place to read and post. Comparable to the Facebook groups where people are all sunshine brigade and out of touch with any semblance of reality about anything.
i don't really see that. plenty of teeth gnashing going on there as well. I mean Bud at Wake is telling people to trust Forbes lol.

Les and Cam do provide good info and they definitely have “inside” sources. They don’t handle their paying customers having different points of view very well. They seemed to get offended if someone comes to a different conclusion than them.
And Deman is still trying to act like an insider despite consistently being wrong.

So, it can be worth the subscription if you use it for what it is an overlook some things. I do appreciate having the dedicated coverage.
Does Conor’s site have good info? I’d be inclined to support him.

Our portal performance this year has been unacceptable to this point. I’m not sure if that is on Forbes or our inability to compete with the $$. It is likely a combination of both.

I think at least some one here and elsewhere overestimate the available starting spots Wake has to offer.

One view shows Wake with a returnee starter on the current roster for all but point guard and a guy coming off injury for that spot.
1. Ituka
2. Hildreth
3. Klintman (Monsanto)
4. Carr
5. Marsh

Pushing out an incumbent starter is not as easy as filling a void.
There aren't many guys who dream of the John Havlicek role.

I think at least some one here and elsewhere overestimate the available starting spots Wake has to offer.

One view shows Wake with a returnee starter on the current roster for all but point guard and a guy coming off injury for that spot.
1. Ituka
2. Hildreth
3. Klintman (Monsanto)
4. Carr
5. Marsh

Pushing out an incumbent starter is not as easy as filling a void.
There aren't many guys who dream of the John Havlicek role.
I think this is probably really important to remember as we “miss” on highly ranked recruits. Forbes sells the “everybody gets a chance” model not the “you’re the man and our offense will run through you model.” Also remember that neither Alodes nor Appleby were stars or even rising stars when they came to us. They were contributors on good/tournament teams, but neither were obviously going to come here take over a starting position and lead the league is scoring. You can counter that with “well Forbes has yet to make the tourney and we need to recruit studs…” that’s fair. If you want to be stressed about our portal recruiting, go for it, u do u, but I’m just adding a little context.

Les and Cam do provide good info and they definitely have “inside” sources. They don’t handle their paying customers having different points of view very well. They seemed to get offended if someone comes to a different conclusion than them.
And Deman is still trying to act like an insider despite consistently being wrong.

So, it can be worth the subscription if you use it for what it is an overlook some things. I do appreciate having the dedicated coverage.
Does Conor’s site have good info? I’d be inclined to support him.
I got the half off subscription and read thr les and cam stuff. I've not posted though since I returned a while back. Content to skip the annoying users for a few of the good posters. The bad...

A current favorite take is that bobi is gonna come back "to play the four." Dude may post up but if he comes back he'll play his future pro position on the wing after all the scouts tell him that's where they see him as a pro.

I got the half off subscription and read thr les and cam stuff. I've not posted though since I returned a while back. Content to skip the annoying users for a few of the good posters. The bad...

A current favorite take is that bobi is gonna come back "to play the four." Dude may post up but if he comes back he'll play his future pro position on the wing after all the scouts tell him that's where they see him as a pro.
Yeah, the biggest issue there is simply that the posters do not understand sports.

Blue and birdman with back to back solid takes.

Doesn't mean I don't want to see things "better" but ¹ it's not over and ² we just really don't know what is actually going on other than we have missed a few guys the staff appears to have been interested in

Anyone have anything on Sallis and how his visit went? Assuming he's probably a Nebraska lock but who knows

Back