• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

I must say, Dickinson transferring to Kansas is going to make our title matchup a little more difficult. Until Efton shuts him down.

Looks like we will be locked & loaded next season!

hoard and bobi are pretty similar

hoard went undrafted after a better freshman year
Hoard faster than Bobbi, IMHO

Just seems Bobbi drifts a lot. Maybe he can get faster, but whenever he seemed to attempt to speed up, he'd throw the ball away or be unable to finish at the rim.

hoard and bobi are pretty similar

hoard went undrafted after a better freshman year
Man, I'm glad someone else said this given all of the Bobi love and concern that he may leave (not without good reason - he showed a lot of promise towards the end of last season and could be an elite college player if he stays a year or two). I think he will be great either way (eventually) and also get the idea that a team would use a draft pick to snag a future high caliber player if it's a good value today...but, Bobi is nowhere near ready in any way to play at the next level right now. I think he will be, though in the near future and he may well stay in the draft, but can't see him taking the risk of riding the bench in the G-league and/or rolling the dice with a few teams that tell him he's on their pick list. There's just too much uncertainty. Come back, show what you can do for a full season, develop and then go play with the big guys. He would get abused in league play right now. That's my take, FWIW.

My gut says he's going to get some good feedback, come back to Wake, have an awesome sophomore season and be ready to contribute at the next level starting in 2024-2025, but not in 2023...

Also, Reid looks like a bouncier Dallas Walton, IMHO. He's going to fit in great with the way Forbes likes to play. Pumped we got him.

Bobi is plenty fast without the ball. It’s just his handles he needs to work on. That’s okay at 6’10 and 19 years old.

Last edited:
Bobi's a better athlete (twitchier, if not straight-line faster), better defender, and better shooter than Hoard. He has a ceiling as a switchable wing at the NBA level (not a guarantee, but it's not an outrageous projection), whereas Hoard has basically had to play as an undersized 4 when he's been in the NBA. Hoard had a better freshman year in terms of overall numbers, but was also playing big minutes on a horrible team.

Hoard is a decent cautionary tale, but not a great comp from an NBA projectability perspective.

Bobi would be crazy to enter the draft IMO. Love his game but one more year playing ball over here would do him a tremendous amount of good. Look how he improved during the season. Next year he will be better able to finish around the rim which was his problem last year. Anyway looks like we have a great group coming in. Forbes is the man.

What are we to make of the latest Bobi comp on the Men’s socials? Hmmm?? Hmmmmm??!!!

He'll improve in one more year playing against pros in the G-League and a few minutes in the NBA.

For example, Jake played 414 minutes in 35 NBA games. He played 497 minutes in 17 G-League games.

By comparison, Jake played 1128 minutes in 33 college games at Wake.

I'd be surprised if Bobi played more minutes than Jake played at Wake and it wouldn't take much for him to get more run than Jake did.

Wake hoops needs to be taking down Bobi highlights or at least throwing some lowlight videos out there on their burner account.

This ain't helping either.

If an NBA team were to take on Klintman for this upcoming season, there would need to be a mutual dedication toward his growth as a player. Scouts often call a potential draft pick like this a “project.” However, projects have developed into more-than-noteworthy NBA stars. A perfect example of this is Giannis Antetokounmpo, who was drafted by the Milwaukee Bucks at 18 years old with the 15th overall pick. Antetokounmpo only improved throughout his years in the NBA, and with a high level of hard work and dedication toward his personal development, he succeeded. Antetokounmpo went on to win back-to-back MVP awards in his sixth and seventh seasons with the Bucks, along with an NBA Championship and Finals MVP award in his eighth season.
Realistically, comparing Klintman to a player like Antetokounmpo is a stretch, but it does serve as an example that it is possible for NBA front offices to take a chance on a young player with extreme upsides. However, the predominant opinion now is that Klintman will be back for Wake Forest’s 2023-2024 campaign.

Here is your rotation. It'll be 8 or 9, but let's assume 9.

Jao would have to take a huge leap to play based on what I've heard (also wouldn't be shocked at all by a last-minute boot to the portal for him since the staff won't want to rely on a waiver for Reid), so let's leave him out for now. I think one of One of Keller or Marsh plays regularly, the other likely does not. Clark will mostly sit for a year and hopefully contribute as an upper classman. MMM and Parker could potentially both be nice pieces in certain lineups but not totally sure which locks down a rotation spot.

That leaves us with Boopie, Cam, Sallis, Damari, [MMM/Parker F] Bobi, Carr, [Keller/Marsh], Reid

Back