• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

Here is your rotation. It'll be 8 or 9, but let's assume 9.

Jao would have to take a huge leap to play based on what I've heard (also wouldn't be shocked at all by a last-minute boot to the portal for him since the staff won't want to rely on a waiver for Reid), so let's leave him out for now. I think one of One of Keller or Marsh plays regularly, the other likely does not. Clark will mostly sit for a year and hopefully contribute as an upper classman. MMM and Parker could potentially both be nice pieces in certain lineups but not totally sure which locks down a rotation spot.

That leaves us with Boopie, Cam, Sallis, Damari, [MMM/Parker F] Bobi, Carr, [Keller/Marsh], Reid
Wait a minute. I don't think Jao's status has any bearing on whether Reid can get a waiver. How would it?

Here is your rotation. It'll be 8 or 9, but let's assume 9.

Jao would have to take a huge leap to play based on what I've heard (also wouldn't be shocked at all by a last-minute boot to the portal for him since the staff won't want to rely on a waiver for Reid), so let's leave him out for now. I think one of One of Keller or Marsh plays regularly, the other likely does not. Clark will mostly sit for a year and hopefully contribute as an upper classman. MMM and Parker could potentially both be nice pieces in certain lineups but not totally sure which locks down a rotation spot.

That leaves us with Boopie, Cam, Sallis, Damari, [MMM/Parker F] Bobi, Carr, [Keller/Marsh], Reid
shut the absolute fuck up dude

If they free up a scholarship, they can get an extra big so they're not stuck in the same situation next year as they had last year if Reid can't play.
Doesn't the waiver only relate to Reid's ability to transfer without sitting out? It doesn't give us an extra scholarship for the year.

A team only gets 13 schollies. With Reid, we have 13 schollies.

Doesn't the waiver only relate to Reid's ability to transfer without sitting out? It doesn't give us an extra scholarship for the year.
Correct. Which is why the comment about freeing up another scholarship for a Grad Transfer big exists.

A team only gets 13 schollies. With Reid, we have 13 schollies.
Exactly. So if we want to avoid being undermanned at the 5 next year in the event that Reid can't play, we would need to open up a scholarship to add a new center. It's the same reason we saw off Bradford, except now we might need to do it one more time given the waiver circumstances.

Exactly. So if we want to avoid being undermanned at the 5 next year in the event that Reid can't play, we would need to open up a scholarship to add a new center. It's the same reason we saw off Bradford, except now we might need to do it one more time given the waiver circumstances.
I highly doubt either Wake or Reid would have committed to one another without a strong sense they will get a waiver. Dude doesn't want to sit out a year when he could have just gone somewhere else and played immediately.

I highly doubt either Wake or Reid would have committed to one another without a strong sense they will get a waiver. Dude doesn't want to sit out a year when he could have just gone somewhere else and played immediately.
His destination has little if anything to do with a waiver and he won’t know for several months.

His destination has everything to do with the waiver. He needs to show he’s going somewhere close to home to care for family so the NCAA grants that waiver.

The quote in the article about his choice wasn’t an accident.

His destination has everything to do with the waiver. He needs to show he’s going somewhere close to home to care for family so the NCAA grants that waiver.

The quote in the article about his choice wasn’t an accident.
That’s one possible angle to get a waiver (of many), but since he was deciding between Wake and VCU, which is literally in his home town, that’s not the angle I’d play, and contrary to your point clearly had nothing to do with his decision.

He could have just gone home to Richmond though.

Either VCU or Wake would be considered close enough to home, considering he is transferring from the west coast.

He should know about the waiver within a month or so.

Back