• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

Sorry you feel that way. I'm curious if that's opinion of many other posters? (have seen @SC DEAC post)

He's a fantastic shooter and played a role in some of Wake's biggest wins of the last 3 years. He's also someone who went from playing a role off the bench this year to not even coming with the team to the ACC tournament -- in which WF played a game it needed to win, and he theoretically could've helped.

That seems to fit the definition of mercurial.
I think it’s a completely fair representation of his time here. He’s amazing to watch and I feel sad I didn’t get to see him healthy more than we did here. What a player and will always be one of my favorites.

But even last year, he wasn’t getting starter minutes early and even got benched for a game before getting it together and being awesome Damari until his injury at State. Then this year ending how it did….it was always interesting with him and I will miss watching him play.

fitting, I suppose, that Damari enters the transfer portal as we prep for App State, since that is the game that Forbes benched him last year.

I just don't see Marsh as a net positive player. I can't imagine a scenario where WF wins games in 2025 (at least not ACC level games) because he's on the roster. Yes, he's 7-1, but so what? He blocked a total of 4 shots against ACC teams, including the ACCT. If Marsh leaves WF in the off-season, hard to envision thinking: "Geez, WF 2025 season would have been much better if the Deacs had only retained Marsh".
One thing I love about Marsh is his attitude. He seemed to be for the team at all times, no matter what playing time he was or wasn't getting (which was all over the map). Keller too.

If Marsh just had more strength, he could at least be a reliable hard body down low. Or if he remained as he is (little strength or aggression), but at least added foot speed, he could be quicker to the defensive spot, and if nothing else just be a massive seven footer people had to shoot over.

But the combination of lack of strength/aggression + lack of foot speed renders the size part somewhat useless. Hard to type that because he seems like a very good guy and dangit he is a Deac.

I think (hope) it's going to be PFred.

Get that man some assertiveness with the ball in his hands and let's go to work
Parker is already good enough to play significant minutes or start in the ACC. Marion reminded me of early Bobi although in a different position - the ability is there, the game just needs to slow down.

Just don't see it with Marsh. He cost them the Pitt game with his lack of aggressiveness. Forbes didn't give him a minute in the 2nd half, after Marsh just aimlessly wandered in the first half.

Marsh looks like a beast, but doesn't have that dog in him. He has played college basketball for three years, and he's the same player. Hard to see that changing at this point. Interesting to me how there such a split an opinion on Marsh as there seem to be so many that still think he can develop. Of the group of five, Marsh has by far the most chances and the results are always the same.
Accurate, but which of the Clark, Canka, and Keller do you pick over him?

Edit: I see you picked Clark and Marion.

I'd go with MMM & Clark.

I'm not hoping we lose any of those 5, but Marsh is who he is and Canka is already 22. Keller hasn't shown much, but another year to get stronger couldn't hurt... His shooting gives Forbes the ability to go with a different look from time to time.
If you hope those 5 all stay, you're not giving Forbes much of any ability to actually do what he's best at - recruiting the portal.

Accurate, but which of the Clark, Canka, and Keller do you pick over him?
None.

If I had to pick one, I would pick Clark because he is a frosh, and there are examples of freshman that don't play a role, but develop into contributors. The others have had time to show who they are, and it's hard to project any of them becoming solid high-level college players. I would pick Keller over Marsh.

I think we will be able to have 4 or 5 guards on the roster next year that'll see minutes ahead of Clark. That said, I'm not writing Clark off.

I say keep: Boopie, Reid, P Fred, Cam, beg Carr to play one more season, keep spot open for Sallis, add Juke and go full blown portal time.

If you could choose 2 of the following 5 to return who would they be.

Marsh, Keller, Marion, Clark, Canka

Mine would be Keller and Marion.
Here's the problem. We've seen enough of Marsh to know what he is. A few fouls and a dunk here and there. We don't know enough about the rest because Forbes had 4 non contributors on the bench and didn't develop them.

Keller looks raw but who knows. The other three barely touched the floor.

Here's the problem. We've seen enough of Marsh to know what he is. A few fouls and a dunk here and there. We don't know enough about the rest because Forbes had 4 non contributors on the bench and didn't develop them.

Keller looks raw but who knows. The other three barely touched the floor.
Marsh has missed weeks of practice and games in two of his three seasons at Wake. He may take longer to get aggressive after those injuries. He showed signs of understanding how to use his size toward the end of the season. Another summer of S&C and work with a good big man coach (Pete Newell, RIP) and he could be a good backup big.

Marsh will never be playable. Absurd we are still talking about this when he’s played for 3 years and has made one non dunk in his career. He doesn’t block shots, he doesn’t rebound, he doesn’t hustle, he doesn’t display emotion.

One the other hand, this guy is a beast. He’s like Jordan Minor but polished offensively.

Do you all think it's realistic to get a quality big man if Carr and Reid stay? If Marsh, Keller, and Marion leave, Forbes can't promise more than 20 minutes to an incoming transfer. I think the best Forbes can probably do there is a promising mid-major with 2 or 3 years of eligibility to come off the bench and likely start next year. Now that could end up being a LaRavia type but there's a ceiling on that spot.

I’m assuming Cam is going to play in the NIT? I’d kind of prefer him just go ahead and get the wrist surgery, but if he wants to play then can’t fault him for that.

Last edited:
Back