• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

Our old friend Sam Vecenie has Sallis at #27 in his post-lottery mock, just after Bobi.

26. Washington Wizards (via Clippers)​

Bobi Klintman | 6-9 wing/forward | 20 years old | Cairns Taipans​

Klintman had an up-and-down season in the National Basketball League. Playing for Cairns as a member of the league’s Next Star development program, Klintman had some big games, especially in the first half of the season when Cairns was rolling. However, he missed sporadic time dealing with a few injuries over the back half of the season as Cairns fell out of contention.

Klintman can knock down shots from the perimeter, having made 35.4 percent from 3 this season and 80 percent from the line. He’s excellent on the break, where he can handle and make nice passes. He’s still learning his own capabilities as he grows into his frame, and his feel for the game is still developing after he picked up the sport late in his youth. In total, he averaged 9.7 points and 4.8 rebounds per game last season.

Not every team likes Klintman, but the ones who do tend to like the idea of a big wing who can shoot. I think somewhere in the No. 20 to No. 35 range is his most likely landing spot.

27. Minnesota Timberwolves

Hunter Sallis | 6-5 guard | 21 years old | Wake Forest

Sallis has been one of this draft cycle’s biggest risers. The former Gonzaga guard averaged 18.3 points per game while shooting 49.9 percent from the field and 41.6 percent from 3 in his lone season with Wake Forest. The 3-point shooting is the big leap. In his two seasons at Gonzaga, Sallis never hit more than 27 percent of his 3s. Now, Sallis has confidence and drilled his nearly six 3-point attempts per game at a high level. If he can keep that up — and his free-throw percentages have long indicated some shooting potential — he has a chance to be the kind of scoring combo guard who litters NBA benches league-wide. He’s athletic and shifty and can play on or off the ball consistently.

At this point in the draft, teams are just looking for a useful rotation player. Sallis ticks a lot of boxes for the Timberwolves if his shooting is real, considering their need for scoring off the bench.

Yeah, i had not see him that high in a while but good for Sallis. Hope Evans go well and he gets one of those promises, albeit in reality an empty promise. They unfortunately mean little to nothing.

Givony has him at 48 to the Spurs. I tend to trust JG, but you never know

At 48, he should return and maybe can get in lottery.

Nah. Doesn’t really work like that. That would be a massive leap. Sallis is much older than most of the projected 2025 lottery picks. And that’s considered a stronger draft.

Unless Sallis makes a leap this week or measures short and embarrasses himself in the scrimmages, he’ll be somewhere between late first or not drafted. If a team agrees to sign him to a two-way right after the draft, he’ll probably take it.

Nah. Doesn’t really work like that. That would be a massive leap. Sallis is much older than most of the projected 2025 lottery picks. And that’s considered a stronger draft.

Unless Sallis makes a leap this week or measures short and embarrasses himself in the scrimmages, he’ll be somewhere between late first or not drafted. If a team agrees to sign him to a two-way right after the draft, he’ll probably take it.
Yeah agree that if Sallis doesnt go lottery this year theres no chance he becomes a lottery pick next year. He averaged 18 and made 1st team all acc, what more can he do next year that makes an NBA team say now I want him when he's a year older.

But disagree thinking that sallis leaves if he goes undrafted or even a late second round pick. Have no idea where in the draft Sallis will go in the draft cuz I'm not an NBA scout and I generally believe the mock drafts are unreliable, because if the author was really that good at scouting they would working for a team, not writing articles.

But if he is in that late second round range he'll prob make more staying at wake and forbes can try and pitch him that he'll develop better being the lead guy at wake than maybe being a rotation player in the G league.

I think the only area that Sallis has room to improve his standing is in aggressiveness. He did fade some down the stretch and began the season deferring to others and would disappear because he didn’t demand the ball. He will probably be a role player on the NBA, so maybe it doesn’t matter. But if he comes back and steps into the role of being the man, I can see that increasing his stock.

I think Sallis will have a similar trajectory to Alondes. Alondes didn't get drafted, got a two-way deal with the Nets, didn't catch on, got picked up by the Heat, broke out in the G-League, and got called up but didn't get much run. That's a good scenario for Sallis and if he has a shot at that, I doubt he'll come back.

Back