• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

Have heard nothing on Monsanto or Canka.
At this point, I think the most likely outcome is that Monsanto is just done playing college basketball. He's not going to get the high major opportunity that (I assume) he wanted. I hope I'm wrong, but the lack of news on him at this point would suggest that it isn't happening.

I don't see how people really care about extra years of eligibility. To me those mean next to nothing now, there are no guarantees of two years with anyone, and it honestly seems to be the outlier to get 2-3 years with a players.

With the amount of money going to some players now are teams doing medicals before committing cash? Is it like pro free agency and trade pieces?

Maybe this was always done for transfers. I have no idea.

Damari quitting on team has soured potential suitors who likely prefer taking a transfer with more years of eligibility. Still expect Damari to catch on with someone, albeit at a significantly reduced price tag. Would not surprise me to see him catch on with another ACC team very late in the game. They know his potential for offensive outbursts.

They also know he can't guard his own shadow.

They also know he can't guard his own shadow.
Unfortunately yeah, I think the tape of Damari trying to play defense last season is having a much bigger impact than him quitting on the team or whatever. Although the defense is the reason he stopped getting playing time and then quit the team, so it's all the same thing I suppose.

Damari needs to go to a low level So Con school and just play the role he played for us this year, just hopefully with slightly better lateral quickness. He'd be a fan favorite and he'd be able to end his college career on a slightly high note. Or go to like GA Southern
Yeah. I'd like to see him get healthy and just get back to having fun playing basketball.

Damari needs to go to a low level So Con school and just play the role he played for us this year, just hopefully with slightly better lateral quickness. He'd be a fan favorite and he'd be able to end his college career on a slightly high note. Or go to like GA Southern
wonder if Savage would take him back at ETSU

Gotta remember that Damari is pretty old. I don't think he's going to want to still be in college at 24 years old if he's just doing this.

Which is why I said I think he's probably done with college basketball at this point. Hopefully he can find a European pro team or something willing to give him a chance.

Despite how things ended at Wake, you gotta really feel for that kid. With his size and shooting ability, Damari was going to make $millions somewhere playing basketball - now he's likely gotta figure out "what's next" in life. If not this year, then much sooner than he thought/hoped.

Wow what a weekend! Somehow overlooked this thread the past few days. (The baseball team was a distraction.)
Forbes is getting it done. Just need to put a bow on this with the last three we all want.

i would think that he is not ready to figure out what is next yet. i do think he will find a team to play for and give it another year before giving up on basketball. who knows, maybe he gets healthy enough to play in europe or somewhere. that shot was money and i think he finds a spot.

Last edited:
Despite how things ended at Wake, you gotta really feel for that kid. With his size and shooting ability, Damari was going to make $millions somewhere playing basketball - now he's likely gotta figure out "what's next" in life. If not this year, then much sooner than he thought/hoped.
Yeah, it honestly is as close to a non-death tragedy gets in college basketball. The ceiling was so high for him...I saw him as a microwave off the bench as a 10th or 11th guy on an NBA roster. And now who knows. Breaks my heart for the guy...He faced so much adversity over the last 4 years. Despite the way I viewed his end of season actions this year, it didn't change how badly I felt for him along the way.

I digress. Not intending to make this a Damari thread. But, if he's reading this(joking), Creamy sends good vibes his way.

That means he most likely feels good about his position and has already received a lot of the feedback he needs, right?

ORRRRRRR, why scrimmage when you're about to announce your return to WAKE
I don't think it's as simple as that anyone that skips scrimmages is confident in their draft position and therefore doesn't want to risk anything by scrimmaging.

There's a ton of reasons why a player may decide that scrimmages are going to be more of a risk to draft positioning than a benefit.

Totally silly take. Roster construction is really solid, I love our chances. It's confusing with this who crazy portal thing, I get it, but it's the way we live in NCAA hoops these days.
I mean, consider the source

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Back