• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

well, i am not going to say that i want anyone to leave.

i do think Monsanto, Ituka and Sallis will not return.
Me too. I think Ituka has already hit the unofficial portal and Monsanto just hit the button. Sallis to the NBA. Canka I wish I knew what we saw in him to get him here in the first place. Heard great things in the preseason.

Boopie was dominant at times - I look forward to a lot of progress from him next year, after a full year at this level and an off season of work.

Not sure if the years of eligibility would work or if he will even consider transferring, but BJ Freeman on Milwaukee looks to be a stud. I assume there would be tons of competition for him if he does.

6-6 PG. Over 30% usage, 109 O-Rtg. Getting to the rim at will. Draws a ton of fouls. 85% at the line and 37% from 3. 29% Assist rate. Turns the ball over at a decent clip, but nowhere near bad enough to exclude him.

Not sure if the years of eligibility would work or if he will even consider transferring, but BJ Freeman on Milwaukee looks to be a stud. I assume there would be tons of competition for him if he does.

6-6 PG. Over 30% usage, 109 O-Rtg. Getting to the rim at will. Draws a ton of fouls. 85% at the line and 37% from 3. 29% Assist rate. Turns the ball over at a decent clip, but nowhere near bad enough to exclude him.
Unless he can get his degree this year, there is no way he would be eligible at Wake in 24-25. If he would be transferring as a senior , and one with a year of junior college credits, no way he could be an academic senior at Wake.

Very funny, but I've learned to refrain from speculating about specific players in the portal until there is at least some evidence that Wake Forest might be interested.

I find it hilarious when people post about a player that isn't even in the portal and wonder if Wake Forest is going to make a run at them.

Ok, it is clear we need a true PG and one that gets after it defensively. We are getting trashed by that position and have no answer. Gotta be the priority!

The only three players that I’m sold on wanting to return on Cam, Carr, and Reid. I’d obviously love Sallis to return but I don’t think that’s likely.

agreed. that said boopie does have some major limitations (which is probably why he originally ended up at a midmajor).

obviously players improve over time, but i am skeptical a team can with him as one of "the guys" bc he's not a point guard but a liability without the ball due to his size. he's definitely a useful bench piece, but that might not be what he envisions for himself.

Back