• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

Marsh has had two concussions that caused him to miss multiple OOC games in his three years at Wake. I believe that has stunted his development significantly. This past fall, while Reid was deemed ineligible, Marsh was also out for multiple games. That meant he didn't get the playing experience. And Carr was worn down a lot by playing center instead of his natural position. Both circumstances had a negative effect on Wake later in the season.
What are the deets behind the concussions? Were they practice related?

marsh seems to have all the tools, but it rarely comes together

I don't know much about his pre-Wake history, but if you told me that he didn't start playing hoops until he was 15 that would make a lot of sense to me

marsh seems to have all the tools, but it rarely comes together

I don't know much about his pre-Wake history, but if you told me that he didn't start playing hoops until he was 15 that would make a lot of sense to me
He was team GB's best player at the FIBA U16 european championships and then signed for Barcelona when he was 15

He played in some really high level academies before he got to Wake. When he was around 15-17 I was hoping he was going to have an NBA future but it looks like he's just never put it together and I'm becoming doubtful he ever will at this point.

EDIT: Although I've just looked into it and in an article about him joining Barcelona his former coach described him as "new to the sport" so I guess you're right lol

still think Marsh in his 4th year of college ball all in one system could be a useful tool in a year when it is imperative that we make the tournament. I'm thinking 5 minutes per game here and there as a third center behind Reid and a portal guy particularily if there is an injury or a game where both bigs get in foul trouble.

still think Marsh in his 4th year of college ball all in one system could be a useful tool in a year when it is imperative that we make the tournament. I'm thinking 5 minutes per game here and there as a third center behind Reid and a portal guy particularily if there is an injury or a game where both bigs get in foul trouble.
If a guy doesn't improve after 3 years, what are the chances of improvements in year 4?

Marsh still in the "surprises you when he plays well" category, and it's been too long to still be that. Poor man's Middlebrooks isn't a role on a good team. Either need him to improve significantly or pick up a portal PF who can slide to the 5 for Reid when needed.

Marsh is a waste of space. He's yet to demonstrate any real skill, energy, or effort in 3 years. I'd take him as a walk-on, though.

I gave up on him for good when he stood by and let the NCSU thugs (Diarra, Middlebrooks, etc) punk Sallis right in front of his face in Raleigh. Our best player is getting shoved by 3 rival players and you're 7 feet and jacked and do nothing? I bet he was forced to play basketball and doesn't really like it.

Forbes needs to recruit more athletic 6'7'' to 6'9'' multiple position players. A prime example of this is Iowa State. This a team of athletic "grown men".

Big 12 Champion Iowa State was waxed on a neutral court by middling Virginia Tech. Last year, they were somehow a 6 seed and lost by 30 to 11 seeded Pittsburgh. I'm not convinced they are any good.

Back