• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

I keep checking to see if there's any new word on Sallis and whether he comes back for one more year or not.

Maybe no news is good news.

Connor essigian from Wisconsin in the portal. I usually don't post about randos entering the portal but if memory serves we were runner up in recruiting Essegian out of high school.

Attachments

• 1711375641180.png
    1711375641180.png
    1,016.3 KB · Views: 51
Current ACC Transfers (destination):

BC - None
Cal - Devin Askew, Grant Newell, Rodney Brown
Clemson - None
Duke - None
FSU - Primo Spears, De'Ante Green
GT - Amaree Abram
Louisville - Curtis Williams Jr, Kaleb Glenn, Dennis Evans, JJ Traynor, Danilo Jovanovich, Skyy Clark
Miami - Christian Watson, AJ Casey, Michael Nwoko, Bensley Joseph, Jakai Robinson
NCSU - LJ Thomas
UNC - None
Notre Dame - Alex Wade, Matt Zona
Pittsburgh - William Jeffress
SMU - Jefferson Koulibaly
Stanford - Kanaan Carlyle, Andrej Stojakovic, Maxime Raynaud, Max Murrell
Syracuse - Benny Williams, Justin Taylor
UVA - None
Virginia Tech - Rodney Rice (Maryland)
Wake Forest - Damari Monsanto, Jao Ituka

(added this to first post and will try to keep updated)
Quadir Copeland from Syracuse is also in the portal.

Sallis will declare maintaining his eligibility and go through the process, unless his injury precludes that.

We won’t know on him for quite a while.
Coach stated after the game that there is no harm in filing for an NBA evaluation and that he was sure Sallis, Carr, Boopie, and Cam would all want that done. It seems like those come back and give you a % of being lottery, first round, late first round, early second, second, not at all. Point being there will be several names on the roster that are exploring the process, but reality is that Hunter is the only one that could be swayed away this offseason by the NBA.

The best thing for Wake Forest would be Hunter Sallis announcing he's staying at Wake Forest for another season. But that's not gonna happen.

The next best thing for Wake Forest would be Hunter Sallis announcing ASAP that he's entering the NBA Draft, so that Forbes can recruit the portal with no ambiguity on what role he's looking to fill. We've had 3 years in a row with a 1st team All-ACC player from the portal. If you are looking for a situation to raise your profile and help get you paid to play basketball after college, Forbes has a strong argument to make.

Added Federiko and Copeland to the first post. Thanks.

Tough to keep track of all of these and 24/7 not updating very quickly.

Connor essigian from Wisconsin in the portal. I usually don't post about randos entering the portal but if memory serves we were runner up in recruiting Essegian out of high school.
Anybody know why this dude went from playing 28 minutes and averaging 12 points as a freshman to 3 points in 7 minutes as a sophmore?

I keep checking to see if there's any new word on Sallis and whether he comes back for one more year or not.

Maybe no news is good news.
This is going to take weeks/months to occur. He will declare for the draft while maintaining eligibility. He will then get a draft grade and decide. We won't know anything for sure for quite some time.

sallis 48th, bobi 23rd in espn’s newest mock draft
Pitt freshman Carlton Carrington is climbing the draft board right now. That would be tough loss for them. Also, Miami frosh Kyshawn George is getting lottery looks.

sallis 48th, bobi 23rd in espn’s newest mock draft
Sallis at pick #48 would get very very interesting. Have to think he would have to think hard about coming back at that number, as he would probably be signing a non-guaranteed, two way contract that would have him (at best) shuffling between G-League and the NBA.

Pitt freshman Carlton Carrington is climbing the draft board right now. That would be tough loss for them. Also, Miami frosh Kyshawn George is getting lottery looks.
Wasn't he a lower ranked true freshman? That is a tough break to get an unheralded true frosh play well and see him bounce after one season not making the NCAAT.

Sallis at pick #48 would get very very interesting. Have to think he would have to think hard about coming back at that number, as he would probably be signing a non-guaranteed, two way contract that would have him (at best) shuffling between G-League and the NBA.
One would think that 48th means you come back to college and make $1m and see what next year looks like.

I don't see us paying north of $500k for 1 year of Sallis, and even that's a stretch. Still, if he can make somewhat around that, work on a few things and better himself for next year's draft, I'd call it a success

Really sucks tho. Because we are going to wait Around and a lot of viable big name portal guys will come and go not wanting to risk signing and then Sallis comes back and they aren't THE GUY.

I think bringing back Sallis next year for $500k is worth it, in part because we'll have that spot accounted for as we start recruiting the portal.

Really sucks tho. Because we are going to wait Around and a lot of viable big name portal guys will come and go not wanting to risk signing and then Sallis comes back and they aren't THE GUY.
This is life in the big city, as they say. Forbes has to find a way. All the better if we can another guy that can be THE GUY, and somehow hold on to Sallis for another year.

I think bringing back Sallis next year for $500k is worth it, in part because we'll have that spot accounted for as we start recruiting the portal.

You think $500k is worth it? You stroking a check?

5a4222b8-cca3-4c2d-81ce-97cb2581d4b0_text.gif

Back