• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

So what’s the deal with Kasparas Jakucionis? Is he interested in Wake or what? Or are other teams now in the picture?
He's interested in Wake and posters on 247 discovered that interest by looking at Instagram follows (or Twitter follows? I forget)

Sorry to hijack, is there a better source for inside info? Is Trilly's discord it? Just these here DV7 dick-measuring boards? Conor seems cool (besides being a Duke lover). Does he get inside scoop? I'd be happy to support anyone supporting Wake athletics, if they weren't an asshole.
So, full transparency: I get what I can. I could probably stand to cultivate more sources and drive more information. But I'm confident what I get is going to be accurate.

I care more about telling quality stories from an objective view than posting hints on my board about a commit that may or may not be coming a timeframe that mirrors a cable company window ("we'll be there between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m."). Hence, there's an 800+ word story on Davin Cosby Jr. from earlier in the week and I'm working to get Omaha Biliew on the phone.

Because of the point @PhDeac makes, hopefully quality coverage and storytelling is still important enough to justify a subscription.

No offense to those who do make money tracking SCOOPS and VIBEZ; I just don't want my livelihood to rely on who responds to texts/DMs/calls.

As far as the Duke side of things: When I took the gig with Rivals, the WF site was making about $400/month. They offered me the Duke site because that would put me on the edge of making a livable wage.

I think I've said here before, if it were all equal, I would've just kept the substack running. But that became untenable because of some lean spring/summer months and because of another factor. When I hit "fuck it," I'll tell you all about that part.

Right on, I mean I'm not gonna die on the hill or anything. I definitely understand all your points and yeah, I reckon this is just the way in modern journalism. I miss the old days when all the boosters and friends of coaches knew everything that was going on and would share everything.

Just need some vibes to get us over the hump.
The word journalism is doing a lot of heavy lifting in this post

I'm pretty embarrassed for Wake fans attacking the small number of reporters who cover Wake sports for a living.

Stop clutching your pearls.
Thin skin les and condescending cam have done their best to treat a good percentage of us like shit. For two people who depend on others paying for their work - they sure don't act like it. Respect goes both ways

haha - was that Stephon Marbury? His instagram now is actually a great follow - he's made a life of living in China and posts random ass videos of him doing random chinese game show pranks and other random chinese stuff.

somehow OnlyFans is making it work with minimal leaks
Which is why I'm surprised there's not (that I've heard of) an OF college sports scooper. A network of hot college girls passing along insider info would make bank. That would generate an unheard of level of simping.

What are we talking about on this recruiting thread!?!

Because of the point @PhDeac makes, hopefully quality coverage and storytelling is still important enough to justify a subscription.

No offense to those who do make money tracking SCOOPS and VIBEZ; I just don't want my livelihood to rely on who responds to texts/DMs/calls.
For what it’s worth, I think the money for a subscription is much better spent on getting to read quality stories from interesting angles than it is getting to learn about something specific a few hours before everyone else does.

Back