• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

not sure our pro-lubbock posters have quite the name-dropping arsenal of our rhode island posters, but i'll withhold judgement until it's played out

If Carr goes to TT and gets a big bag of money, good for him, but that move pretty much shutsdown the notion that Carr left for anything other than a payday (as opposed to Villanova, which is essentially his hometown team). That said, when it doubt, money is usually the motivating factor.

If Carr goes to TT and gets a big bag of money, good for him, but that move pretty much shutsdown the notion that Carr left for anything other than a payday (as opposed to Villanova, which is essentially his hometown team). That said, when it doubt, money is usually the motivating factor.
Or - it's a team that has regularly made the tourney and maybe he values that.

Don't think so. Carr has been to the NCAAT. WF just landed two portal adds from teams that played in the NCAAT. Those guys think they are taking WF into the NCAAT (FWIW, I do too).

Every player thinks he's good enough to help a team get into the dance.

Don't think so. Carr has been to the NCAAT. WF just landed two portal adds from teams that played in the NCAAT. Those guys think they are taking WF into the NCAAT (FWIW, I do too).

Every player thinks he's good enough to help a team get into the dance.
Carr's been here 3 years and didn't make the tourney in any of those years despite having ManMan, Tyree, and Hunter Sallis. Dude could just be tired of it. I get we're adding some guys but it's also guys who didn't play much last year.

The answer is money.

What was the question?

Carr's been here 3 years and didn't make the tourney in any of those years despite having ManMan, Tyree, and Hunter Sallis. Dude could just be tired of it. I get we're adding some guys but it's also guys who didn't play much last year.
Carr only played 2 years.

WTF, we didn't make the tournament with Carr, ManMan, Jake, Walton and Sy?

Yes, and he never played with ManMan. If fact, when ManMan was at WF Carr played in the NCAAT against Villanova.

Do schools and portal players need to make decisions by portal closing? Or does the portal closing just mean that players that were not in the portal as of closing cannot transfer?

Back