• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

I can't remember a single time Keller finished a bucket around the basket, which is what most worried me about his development, just no feel for scoring down low and especially not with any contact
Yeah, this really limited him. He's not a post scorer and probably never will be.

I do think if given a chance at extended playing time he could become a serviceable shooter, and I think he's at least a high-effort defender. I don't think he's going to the NBA (lol), but I think if things break the right way for him he could be a rotation player on an NCAAT team. They just weren't going to happen that way for him here based on the last few years.

From the start of conference play on 12/30 (against VT), Keller had 11 total points in 24 Wake Forest games (8 of which he didn't even get off the bench).

If you eliminate the first 3 ACC games and take only the last 21 Wake Forest games, Keller had 4 total points on 1-7 shooting from the floor and 2-5 from the line. He also had 11 total rebounds and 16 fouls.

His last made 3 pointer was on January 2nd against BC.

Nothing against Keller. I rooted hard for him to contribute. But it was time to move on.

Nothing against Keller. I rooted hard for him to contribute. But it was time to move on.
I mean of course, I don't think anyone is arguing that.

But you never know, maybe a change of scenery gets him some confidence and he breaks in as a meaningful rotation player for a decent team. I still think it's reasonably possible.

I mean of course, I don't think anyone is arguing that.

But you never know, maybe a change of scenery gets him some confidence and he breaks in as a meaningful rotation player for a decent team. I still think it's reasonably possible.

I would have agreed with that if he didn't land at Utah. I certainly wish him well, and Craig Smith is a very good coach, but Utah probably isn't a very good team in the Big 12 if Keller is a meaningful rotation player this year.

But I also have a long-standing record of being a complete moron, so Keller shouldn't read my comments and just throw in the towel.

I can't remember a single time Keller finished a bucket around the basket, which is what most worried me about his development, just no feel for scoring down low and especially not with any contact

Always appeared rather weak for a man of his size. Seldom created space when rebounding. Wish the kid well just didn't impress as an ACC type player.

I would have agreed with that if he didn't land at Utah. I certainly wish him well, and Craig Smith is a very good coach, but Utah probably isn't a very good team in the Big 12 if Keller is a meaningful rotation player this year.

But I also have a long-standing record of being a complete moron, so Keller shouldn't read my comments and just throw in the towel.
Utah was his first offer in HS so maybe this was just meant to be. Good luck to the guy.

Back