• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: (-) Carr, Monsanto, Ituka, Clark, Miller, Marsh, Keller, Canka / (+) Spillers, Biliew, Cosby

Not necessarily. If he ends up getting less money somewhere else than what we has offered by RTQ, its fair to believe he made the wrong decision. But that's far from certain either way.

Boopie is no longer part of Wake Forest by his own choice. Forbes brought him in from the northland and gave him the keys to the 2023-2024 season. He did pretty well.

However, he never learned how to throw a decent lob pass to Wake's big guys. After seeing that Appleby threw around 100, with 90% success rate, the previous season, that should have been in his skill set. He either couldn't or wouldn't do that.those lobs were good for 1.8 points per attempt. Whatever replaced them was unlikely to be as good.

With Reid returning and the new guys coming in, whomever is the point guard for Wake needs to be able to throw a good lob pass by November.

This here is the ‘24-‘25 roster construction thread. Can you 80s Deacs take your conversation on the old days somewhere else.
Remember the stories of when Murray Greason was recruiting Ernie Wiggins? Man, those were the days!

One would assume if we get a commitment from Baba Or Power that it'll be in the next day or 2, right? If it drags out and they go on other visits then that greatly diminishes our chances in this portal world.

One would assume if we get a commitment from Baba Or Power that it'll be in the next day or 2, right? If it drags out and they go on other visits then that greatly diminishes our chances in this portal world.
Depends where they visit. Right now we have a huge advantage because they are coming from schools with such piece of shit home arenas.

I saw Sam Ivy washing his own car. These entitled AAU pricks would never do that now.

Exactly. He played center out of Hollister, NC at about 6’2” at a small 1A school. Think we found him at Tacy’s summer camp, same as Rod Griffin a few years earlier.
Famously went from Delaney Dud to Delaney Stud in one year!

Dont worry about Boopie

He didn't do anything wrong
For what it's worth too, it really just seems to be money related. Optimistic or naive, but I wouldn't rule him coming back completely out. I've seen him, Cam, Sallis, Parker and MMM playing pickup in the campus gym and they're all laughing around.

For what it's worth too, it really just seems to be money related. Optimistic or naive, but I wouldn't rule him coming back completely out. I've seen him, Cam, Sallis, Parker and MMM playing pickup in the campus gym and they're all laughing around.
Finally! A source on the ground. Please continue to post. :)

Highly doubt it’s money related. RTQ has already confirmed on here that they are ready (and have been since February) to pony up the $ for Sallis. This solely has to do with his draft evaluation and whether or not he gets a guarantee from a team that they will take him and he will get a contract. If that happens, depending on round/pick he will make a decision to come back or stay in the draft. Anything else is really just not true.
Que? He's talking about Boopie...

Highly doubt it’s money related. RTQ has already confirmed on here that they are ready (and have been since February) to pony up the $ for Sallis. This solely has to do with his draft evaluation and whether or not he gets a guarantee from a team that they will take him and he will get a contract. If that happens, depending on round/pick he will make a decision to come back or stay in the draft. Anything else is really just not true.
He's talking about Miller; you're talking about Sallis.

Fwiw: I don't think there's a chance Miller returns to Wake.

Boopie is gone. Where he ends up, nobody knows. But it won't be here.
Carr is also gone. Nova or UK or Texas Tech.
Clark is already headed to Malibu.
I highly doubt any of the others return to Wake. Monsanto and Ituka had one (both) feet out the door before the season even ended. Keller & Marsh? No idea where, but they're likely to find a better fit with bigger roles for them.

Time to move on from all of them.

Back